2 Data connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

INLANDSMOG

Hello all,
I have a 996 that is connected to 1 computer 24/7 streaming Butel Easystream and a WMP stream which all works great. My question is there a way to use the rear port to connect to another computer to run ARC996 for logging and/or programming without having to stop the Easystream feed ?

Thanks,
Craig
www.scanOC.com

Al42

You can connect the rear port (use a null modem and adjust the speed), but whether the scanner will give you logging output on both ports at the same time (you want the same data on the back port that you're streaming from the front port) is something you'll have to experiment with or ask Paul.

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
INLANDSMOG said:
Hello all,
I have a 996 that is connected to 1 computer 24/7 streaming Butel Easystream and a WMP stream which all works great. My question is there a way to use the rear port to connect to another computer to run ARC996 for logging and/or programming without having to stop the Easystream feed ?

This is not possible, you can not control and program the scanner using both ports at the same time. Even if it was possible the scanner goes into a program mode when programming data so that would stop the Eazystream display feed.

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com

Status
Not open for further replies.