2 F-15s over central CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaratsu

Premium Subscriber
While pounding away at some Excel files, I could hear through my open office window a bit of an odd aircraft. Got a view of 2 USAF F-15s at about 5000 AGL headed northbound.

Any idea what they are doing around? I had heard that CTANG would get a few rotated in and out as their old A-10s (105th?) went to the 104th at Barnes in Mass. But I wasnt sure if this had happend yet? Anyone else see them flying?

Of course, I turned the scanner on, but I dont have a ton of mil-air monitoring experience. I got some pilot chatter on 347.200 AM that doesnt sound like commercial chatter.

anyone?

either way, F-15s are freakin cool!:cool: Now I'm wondering what the summer's airshow schedual looks like!:D

GKENY044

DanTSX said:
While pounding away at some Excel files, I could hear through my open office window a bit of an odd aircraft. Got a view of 2 USAF F-15s at about 5000 AGL headed northbound.

Any idea what they are doing around? I had heard that CTANG would get a few rotated in and out as their old A-10s (105th?) went to the 104th at Barnes in Mass. But I wasnt sure if this had happend yet? Anyone else see them flying?

anyone?

either way, F-15s are freakin cool!:cool: Now I'm wondering what the summer's airshow schedual looks like!:D

I heard someone told Bush there was WMD's In Massachutt's.

andy404ns

scanernutt said:
Dan!
There is an awesome airshow coming up on the 24th,25th of this month in Jones Beach, Bethpage Long Island! Blue Angels plus an F-22 Raptor will be there. Here is the link!

http://www.jonesbeachairshow.com/index.html
Manny

I remember being out at Edwards AFB when the F-22's weren't operational and were testing constantly. They were flying without there final paint on and it was pretty freaking cool. Plus the new Pave-Hawks were out there at that time and as it happened the Shuttle landed there that week. I also got some shots of a B-2 on the runway and, through all my own fault, I got "lost" and ended up on the taxiway of the B-1's. All in all a good trip. Anyone know if Westover will be resuming their air shows anytime soon?

Zaratsu

Premium Subscriber
scanernutt said:
Dan!
There is an awesome airshow coming up on the 24th,25th of this month in Jones Beach, Bethpage Long Island! Blue Angels plus an F-22 Raptor will be there. Here is the link!

http://www.jonesbeachairshow.com/index.html
Manny

Wow! I really want to see an F22!

How would I get to LI without having to go through NYC? Could I take a ferry from New London, New Haven, or ugh Bridgeport?

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
If money is not a problem,assuming you are taking your vehicle, you can take the port Jeff Ferry in BPT. then trek across L.I. that way. I dont know of any other ferry that leaves from CT. and goes to L.I. I have never been to this particular one. However people that have, tell me its the bomb! I'm looking to see the F-22 myself. I've got plenty of pictures of the Blues!

Manny

Last edited:

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Hey Tom!
Long time no hear! Yeah! I used to go to the one at the Quonset base at the Rhode Island Air National Guard Station in North Kingston R.I. I have been going there for about 7 years. It seems they are not having ANY show at all there this year. There it was nice because you could sit under some of the static aircraft like the C-17 Globemaster III that has HUGE wings. Here at the Jones Beach one its all in the air. However, to see a Y-22 Raptor in action, I'm willing to make the journey! According to the website, this is the ONLY demo in the region for 2008 of the Y-22. Hope the weather holds up!

Manny

Last edited:

hoser147

Gotta love when they are flyin low to the deck. The morning of 9-11 I was at a friends house that is on the perimeter of Wright Patterson sitting on his deck watching them swarm like bee's around the base. Hoser

Zaratsu

Premium Subscriber
scanernutt said:
If money is not a problem,assuming you are taking your vehicle, you can take the port Jeff Ferry in BPT. then trek across L.I. that way. I dont know of any other ferry that leaves from CT. and goes to L.I. I have never been to this particular one. However people that have, tell me its the bomb! I'm looking to see the F-22 myself. I've got plenty of pictures of the Blues!

Manny

I found some info on the Ferry. That sounds pretty good, but the only problem is that there are only so many spaces for cars on the ferry, and there are only so many ferry trips per day. I am worried that I will either not be able to get my car on a ferry, or that I will miss the ferry and have to stay overnight. This would be due to every other airplane nut from CT wanting to take the ferry to and from the show. Airshow traffic jams are nortorious and I wouldnt want to miss my boat because it took 3 hours to drive 2 miles (Like Westover AFB shows).

As for the cost, I think it is reasonable considering you cut off a good 70 miiles of NYC driving. It would probably cost $20 in tolls round trip anyways.

What would be ideal, would be a shuttle-bus from the terminal to the airshow, so I could just park in B'port (dont carjack me bro!) and shuttle in to the airfield or whatever.

Maybe a RR.com fieldtrip?:D

Zaratsu

Premium Subscriber
scanernutt said:
Hey Tom!
Long time no hear! Yeah! I used to go to the one at the Quonset base at the Rhode Island Air National Guard Station in North Kingston R.I. I have been going there for about 7 years. It seems they are not having ANY show at all there this year. There it was nice because you could sit under some of the static aircraft like the C-17 Globemaster III that has HUGE wings. Here at the Jones Beach one its all in the air. However, to see a Y-22 Raptor in action, I'm willing to make the journey! According to the website, this is the ONLY demo in the region for 2008 of the Y-22. Hope the weather holds up!

Manny

http://www.riairshow.org/

airshowbuzz.com says they will have the F-22

but the USAF demo website does not have RI listed
http://www.acc.af.mil/aerialevents/f22a/index.asp

You know how these things go. Sometimes they show up unschedualed or sometimes they back out at the last second.

Westover and RI seem more likely than making jones beach. I may be able to do Oceana tho! 15th floor VA beach hotel balcony + B1b =:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.