2 feeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjbjr

Ok I know I read it somewhere but cant find it now. didnt I read that you could run 2 seperate feeds on one scanner? Seems you needed a video card to seperate them or something. This correct?

frazpo

Ok I know I read it somewhere but cant find it now. didnt I read that you could run 2 seperate feeds on one scanner? Seems you needed a video card to seperate them or something. This correct?

You would two instances of the feeding software and either add a USB sound card or install a soundcard to your computer. The USB soundcards are like 3-5$ on ebay so it can be done at a minimal cost.

I just noticed you stated "one scanner". I don't think that's possible.

DPD1

If you run the stream in stereo, you can have one content on the right and one on the left... and then people an choose which they want by using their 'balance'. But that would take two radios. Maybe that's what you were thinking of.

adacats

Scanner and Train Nerd
I run 2 feeds, a delayed one for the public, and a live one. I had to do this by purchasing a second sound card for about $10. Mine happened to work out with minimal problems, but I know having 2 sound cards can cause issues with some programs. I know Source Games (Half-Life 2 and such) tend to have issues when you have a second sound card.

Status
Not open for further replies.