2 Forum Sugestions: Live Audio Discussion, Breaking News

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChargerSRT8

Premium Subscriber
With the Live Audio streaming becoming more mainstream I would suggest the following;

A Live Audio Discussion Forum for general discussion of current audio feeds, as opposed to the Live Audio Admin forum; and

Breaking News and Events. A specific forum for checking for breaking events around the country. Here one could find current happenings for monitoring. It would be suggested all breaking news that is currently spread among the state forums go into a single repository for ease of locating.

This would benefit regular RR members as well as generate interest for the casual listener who comes to RR for feed info when they hear a breaking story from other sources. One could also use this info for locating live video feeds of breaking stories.

I hope this suggestion is worthy of consideration.

Thanks.

SKYNET156

Duplicate account of Tom Sherman
Banned
Most state forums like New york have a breaking news sub forum inside the state forum, check your local state forum and see if you have a breaking news sub forum at the top of the page

AB1ND

Premium Subscriber
Breaking news forum

A national breaking news forum would be a good idea.

Have a standard form for incident reports. You could enter the state, county, a brief description of the incident
and the agencies involved and have the system generate a link to the appropriate county scanner in the Live Feeds section. One click and you are on the incident.

Sounds good to me.

SKYNET156

Duplicate account of Tom Sherman
Banned
i like that idea, i know that most of the scanner feeds under the states have IPN streaming at the top. but if we can make a forum out of just that, it would be cool

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
A Live Audio Discussion Forum for general discussion of current audio feeds, as opposed to the Live Audio Admin forum
At this time discussion for specific audio feeds is to be done in the Regional forum for the feed.

Breaking News and Events. A specific forum for checking for breaking events around the country. Here one could find current happenings for monitoring. It would be suggested all breaking news that is currently spread among the state forums go into a single repository for ease of locating.
I don't feel there is a need for it at this time. There are ways to go about it now (to find and locate), though just not grouped in to one place or in a simplified manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.