2 letter callsigns in ontario

Status
Not open for further replies.

ve3fnd

I have been looking to get a 2 letter call for a good while now and no luck. I have been checking the Industry Canada website for calls every night at 12:00AM now for months and it shows its never been updated since last year? Ive tryed with VE3 and VA3 calls and nothing. Im also not even shure how to apply and pay for one if it came up any help would be greatly appreciated.

ve3fnd

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 1,213

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Date Modified would be the date the webpage was changed on. It doesn't reflect the database's age.

Hard to believe there are none available. I would suspect that they would occasionally pop up now and then.

ve3fnd

Date Modified would be the date the webpage was changed on. It doesn't reflect the database's age.

Hard to believe there are none available. I would suspect that they would occasionally pop up now and then.

thank you for clearing that up seemed like it never gets updated but just after posting this thread like magic to make me seem crazy after months and months one popped up last night and I am now waiting to see if I get it.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Good luck.

I got mine many years ago when you had to be an Advanced with 10 years experience.

At that point, only VE calls were being issued so the wait was long.

ve3fnd

Now the rules are "the amateur has been the holder of a Canadian Amateur Radio Operator Certificate — Basic Qualification for a minimum of five years" and I'm sure the same as before you can only hold one 2 letter call. The funny thing is its harder to get a VA3 for some reason In months only one VE3 two letter came up.

SCPD

QRT
Like Mike I had to wait 10 years and have an advanced rating, many moons ago. I still remember my first HW-101. But that is going off topic now, so I will end.

mciupa

thank you for clearing that up seemed like it never gets updated but just after posting this thread like magic to make me seem crazy after months and months one popped up last night and I am now waiting to see if I get it.

A good sign would be the $60 charge. :D

VE6E0

Move out west, you'll have your pick of calls.

As Mike stated, when I was first licensed, it was 10 years and then a further two year wait, as the VE calls were all assigned.

Then there was the time in late March, a couple of buddies and myself, started to talk about how the DoC were going to start to issue one letter calls at the beginning of the upcoming new government fiscal year. (FY starts on 1 Apr BTW) Got a call from a friend who was an inspector at the department later in the week, asking us to knock it off, as the office on St. Clair was getting calls.

thundermedic

Database Administrator
Premium Subscriber
The industry Canada lookup doesn't search for all open, only the one your looking for using 2 letter calls. Try the available call sign lookup on RAC.ca then order it online through IC

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
The industry Canada lookup doesn't search for all open, only the one your looking for using 2 letter calls. Try the available call sign lookup on RAC.ca then order it online through IC

http://apc-cap.ic.gc.ca/pls/apc_anon/query_avail_cs$.startup

This link allows you to look for 2 or 3 letter calls, and will give you a list defined by the options selected.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mciupa

Congrats!

Victor X-Ray rolls off the tongue much easier than Foxtrot November Delta. :)

ve3fnd

So i get an email from IC saying that its going to take 4 weeks to process my new call and put it in the data base. Thats funny it only takes them 1 day to bill my credit card for the 60$ charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.