2 meter ham radio data base for New England

Status
Not open for further replies.

dss56

I checked here to see if there are any 2 meter database files to load to my BCD396xt and did not find any.

Are there any sites that have 2 meter database files to load to the uniden scanner BCD396XT?

thanks

dss56

jaspence

I did go the the link you posted but how do you get a file from the posted repeaters to load to my BCD396?

I do see where you can add to favorites then dump to a text file. Then im lost.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Amateur repeaters

The process of making a file is to copy and paste the frequencies into a spreadsheet for editing and then import the spreadsheet into the scanner software. The exact p=steps should be in the instructions for the software you use (Freescan, etc.). The other alternative is to type them into the software and send the files to the scanner. This works if you don't have a large number of frequencies and is not too hard since you are dealing with simple analog frequencies.

dss56

jaspence

It seems the file you sent is for BuTel program which I do not have.
I have the 2.18 Freescan and the uniden software for the 396xt scanner.

I guess I will just try to create a group/file in Freescan for the ham repeaters close to me here in Boston.

There is about 20-25 repeaters to program should not take long.

thanks for the help

Bob

wyShack

Premium Subscriber
I use Win500 software and if I go into my state and county importing from RR I can 'drill' down to amateur radio and import the repeaters in that county.

Not sure about other software.

dss56

I tried Freescan and I live in Boston Middlesex county.
I imported middlesex county and there are no ham radio repeater groups.

Like I said I will have to make my own. Thought there would be a file to import from RR but guess not.

thanks

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
It is up to us. I recently submitted changes and new "working" repeaters for central California. At the time of my submission only a dozen were listed for 2m & 70cm. It now includes 6m and 1.25m. I have even more to submit with 33cm as well as digital variants like DMR, D-STAR, and C4FM.

If you do submit frequencies ensure you double check after it is posted. I am finding errors as well as changes to repeaters that were not done but doubled up with the correct info. Bad data is not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.