2 minute delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

ke4ldu

With this new Broadcastify image, I have 3 feeds now on 1 pi. There use to be only about a 25 second delay from original transmission on the radio. Now it seems I have about a 2 min delay. Anyone know why?

krokus

Premium Subscriber
With this new Broadcastify image, I have 3 feeds now on 1 pi. There use to be only about a 25 second delay from original transmission on the radio. Now it seems I have about a 2 min delay. Anyone know why?
Is that delay consistent? It could have been a traffic load delay.

I don't use broadcastify image with drakice. I use liquidsoap and my feeds are now 2mins delayed also from when I ran radiofeed on windows.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
I've been running a feed for over a year now. My stream typically has a 90 second delay. Sometimes after restarting it was shorter, but from time to time over the year when I checked it was about 90 seconds behind. I'm using Windows 10 and Broadcastify ScannerCast. The computer is new and I have 100 Mbps up and down, so it is not on my end. It was also around a 90 second delay when I was using a different provider with only 6 Mbps upload speed. With over 7000 live feeds to process, having some latency does not surprise me. Less delay would be nice for listeners, but hey...free stream for them. I advise of the delay in my feed description. I will probably switch over to the Pi image as things have progressed per that thread.

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
There gonna be some delay inherent to sending over the net.

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
My feed using RadioFeed is usually a 60-90 second delay. As mentioned above, after a restart it can be as short as 30-45 seconds but typically 60-90. I also mention this in my feed details. I don't mind the delay, others might.

bubbablitz

I think this is deliberate and started around 2017 with the anti police riots. I've timed all of the local feeds that I'm in range of and, back then, the delay was about 25 seconds. Now, it's about a minute and a half. Then again, I could be wrong.

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
Its all based on buffer settings on the icecast servers, push a big chunk of data at the start so people don't buffer later on but you have a delay in the feeds, or push no buffer at the start and get a few seconds delay, but those with slow/poor data will buffer a lot while listening.

There also is nothing wrong with a delay when listening to a scanner online.

Status
Not open for further replies.