2 months since the last DSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrscanner2008

Premium Subscriber
it's been 2 months since DSD2.39 came out, i'm waiting to the next release to see what new will be coming.

We no longer see the DSD team as often on the forum.

Hope to see TETRA soon in DSD :)

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
I would simply settle for a release to handle p25 phase 2 at this point. It has been a while since I have seen a new release though. I wonder if the project is still alive?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

morfis

....... I wonder if the project is still alive?

Which is what everyone kept saying a few months ago and then we had two releases fairly close together.

When they are ready to release a new version to the wider user base they will do so

KD8DVR

I would simply settle for a release to handle p25 phase 2 at this point. It has been a while since I have seen a new release though. I wonder if the project is still alive?

The phase 2 subject is always conveniently ignored by the developers.

CanesFan95

Fast lane isn't free. I've only wished for a little better communication, that's all. It wouldn't take long for someone to make a quick post and let us know what's in the works.

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
No it hasn't been ignored, people just don't like the answer or don't pay attention when they do address it or both.
When and where has it been addressed? There has never been a definitive answer as to why it has not been included in the program. DMR is TDMA and is just as open sourced. I would hope to see it soon as it was one the primary operating modes duscussed when the fast lane program came out.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
When and where has it been addressed? There has never been a definitive answer as to why it has not been included in the program. DMR is TDMA and is just as open sourced. I would hope to see it soon as it was one the primary operating modes duscussed when the fast lane program came out.

I've seen people bringing it for a long time now. You'd have to go back and search frankly as my memory isn't that good. It was responded to and maybe they just got tired of people going on and on about it.

I don't know.

Maybe they're just busy and haven't had time to check in, again I don't know.

So take this with a grain of salt because my memory may well be wrong but what I recall was they said it was on their list but not a priority. They had other fish to fry.

Much like with the Uniden stuff, it will get here when it gets here. Stay tuned is what I'd advise. It has been addressed though and while some may not like what was said, it was said.

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
I've seen people bringing it for a long time now. You'd have to go back and search frankly as my memory isn't that good. It was responded to and maybe they just got tired of people going on and on about it.

I don't know.

Maybe they're just busy and haven't had time to check in, again I don't know.

So take this with a grain of salt because my memory may well be wrong but what I recall was they said it was on their list but not a priority. They had other fish to fry.

Much like with the Uniden stuff, it will get here when it gets here. Stay tuned is what I'd advise. It has been addressed though and while some may not like what was said, it was said.

Damn you are right, your memory is better then mine apparently. I forgot all about that thread but I do have some recollection of it now that you brought it up. My bad man, it was mentioned before as a low priority item on the list of DSD accomplishments. I still think it should have been available by now though. It has been a while since that was said.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
I imagine it depends on what they run into or what has come up that might be put higher on the priority list. Everyone is always on them about do this and do that. I imagine at least a few of those get added in and they may consider them higher priority than phase 2 at a guess.

They didn't seem to concerned about it from what I saw when they discussed it. I think its a higher priority for some than it is for them. May be wrong about that of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.