• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

2-pin Plug adapter on Kenwood TK-5210

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttiiggy

Gadget Infinity :: Two-way Radio :: Adapter :: Plug adapter f/ Kenwood TK380 TK390 TK480 TK3140 TK5210

Does radio still work normal if I leave this attached onto the radio and do not have another device plugged in?
Can I have NO headset plugged in and still use the radio without taking this off?

I just want a cheap ear hanger speaker that somehow connects to the radio.
I seem to see a lot more options in the 2-pin devices that might be nice to have this adapter if it will work.
I don't want to have to assemble this onto the radio anytime I want to use a remote piece.

Attachments

• t_16768.jpg
    t_16768.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 1,564

code3cowboy

I cant answer that as I would have to see the guts of your adapter. Kenwood makes a nice receive only adapter that I use frequently and it does nothing if an earpiece is not plugged in.

ttiiggy

Can you point me to this 'Kenwood receive only adapter '?
The Kenwood accessories I have found as listed for this radio seem to only have the multi-pin connector on the end.

I got one of these and don't have the headset yet: Earpiece speaker adaptor for Kenwood

The audio self test on the radio internal speaker didn't make any sound when I turned on the radio with this attached.
I didn't hear any sound at all. I don't know if there was just no radio traffic or if it HAS to have a headset attached.
That is as far as I got with it. I will see if I can peek inside this one.

Attachments

• HC-012-01.jpg
    HC-012-01.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 1,491
  • HC-012-02.jpg
    HC-012-02.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 2,829

ttiiggy

Wow. There is more circuit in here than I expected.

Attachments

• IMG_0063.jpg
    IMG_0063.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 1,611

ttiiggy

It is the KCT-30 you need.

I got one of these.
Same story. No sound out of the radio if I unplug the 2-pin headset. :(
Dealer says it is supposed to work. Has no experience with it though...

I don't LIKE it but I can handle it...
What I'm concerned about is one of the other fireguys picking up my radio for a NEED and getting nothing.

Is there something in programming?

code3cowboy

Nothing I can find. Ill thumb through the service manual.

If you are concerned about firefighters grabbing your radio, tell the dept to equip suppression personal with portables.

Status
Not open for further replies.