2 Problems with Radioddity DB25-D, Permiscuous, and Monitor

MikeSD

Problem 1:
I have several DMR radios. All work as expected, except my DB25-D. I'll be darn if I can get the promiscuous function to work.

I have a BTECH 6x2 and it works great in promiscuous mode. So, I'm pretty sure I understand how it's supposed to work. But when I set promiscuous ON in my DB25-D, I can see channel activity, but no audio ever comes out of the radio, nor does it show the channel the audio is on. I have tested the radio with direct and parot functions, and I know I'm able to transmit and receive. It's just the promiscuous function that's not allowing me to hear the audio from a channel I'm not tuned to.

I tried this on the original firmware and thought it might be a firmware issue. Nope! I updated the firmware, and have the same problem.

Anyone have this radio? And have a suggestion why promiscuous might not be working? Is there another setting that can interfere?

Problem 2:
On my BTECH 6x2, it calls this "digi moni" (monitor). I noticed there is a monitor function on the DB25-D. So, I thought maybe that has something to do with my problem 1. Monitor is already programmed on one of the buttons, but when I press the button, it says "Can Not Run". No matter what I do, I can't run that Monitor functions.

Anyone know why the Monitor function won't even run?

Thanks
Mike

PS: I have asked this of the Radioddity support page, but they are woefully slow to respond. I have asked questions there and never even received a reply. So, I decided to ask actual users.

MikeSD

Problem 1:
I have several DMR radios. All work as expected, except my DB25-D. I'll be darn if I can get the promiscuous function to work.

I have a BTECH 6x2 and it works great in promiscuous mode. So, I'm pretty sure I understand how it's supposed to work. But when I set promiscuous ON in my DB25-D, I can see channel activity, but no audio ever comes out of the radio, nor does it show the channel the audio is on. I have tested the radio with direct and parot functions, and I know I'm able to transmit and receive. It's just the promiscuous function that's not allowing me to hear the audio from a channel I'm not tuned to.

I tried this on the original firmware and thought it might be a firmware issue. Nope! I updated the firmware, and have the same problem.

Anyone have this radio? And have a suggestion why promiscuous might not be working? Is there another setting that can interfere?

Problem 2:
On my BTECH 6x2, it calls this "digi moni" (monitor). I noticed there is a monitor function on the DB25-D. So, I thought maybe that has something to do with my problem 1. Monitor is already programmed on one of the buttons, but when I press the button, it says "Can Not Run". No matter what I do, I can't run that Monitor functions.

Anyone know why the Monitor function won't even run?

Thanks
Mike

PS: I have asked this of the Radioddity support page, but they are woefully slow to respond. I have asked questions there and never even received a reply. So, I decided to ask actual users.
Problem 2 is solved. It's an analog function only.

Still need answer to Problem 1

dickie757

Wired
It's just the promiscuous function that's not allowing me to hear the audio from a channel I'm not tuned to.
I think you mean talkgroup, instead of channel. A channel is a location in the memory of the radio that contains, hopefully, all of the information to conduct a transmission to intended parties. Part of that information would include the talkgroup, TG, and possibly the recipient's ID number.

Digi monitor will show all of the info received on the frequency, all of the info in the transmitting radio's channel.

I'm about to grab the cps for the DB25 to see if I can help find out what it's called there.

dickie757

Wired
Update: while assigning buttons, they call it Promiscuous. A 2021 update includes an icon to show if the mode is active. It's a triangle (probably a tower) with waves.

Item 6.19 in the manual 2.1 28Oct22

Update again: monitor is only valid for analog.

Last edited:

W9LW

Premium Subscriber
... when I set promiscuous ON in my DB25-D, I can see channel activity, but no audio ever comes out of the radio, nor does it show the channel the audio is on. I have tested the radio with direct and parot functions, and I know I'm able to transmit and receive. It's just the promiscuous function that's not allowing me to hear the audio from a channel I'm not tuned to.
FWIW, I've noticed that the DB25-D monitors only one time slot in promiscuous mode. If the radio is receiving a DMR signal but I can hear no audio when promiscuous mode is on, it is because the signal is on a time slot other than the one to which the radio is currently set.

The Anytone AT-D878UV on the other hand, allows promiscuous mode to be set to one or both time slots.