2 questions 396t

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawk51

Scanner is randomly sticking on dispatch channels, do I have something programmed wrong?

What is "priority" channel?

w8crz

Premium Subscriber
Scanner is randomly sticking on dispatch channels, do I have something programmed wrong?

What is "priority" channel?

When you say "randomly sticking" Is there activity on there? Is this trunking?

Priority channel, that are designated by you, when turned on will monitor those selected channels more often and will jump to them whenever there is traffic.

hawk51

When you say "randomly sticking" Is there activity on there? Is this trunking?

Priority channel, that are designated by you, when turned on will monitor those selected channels more often and will jump to them whenever there is traffic.

Running Tuscola Co. MIchigan on Conventional system. Most of the time everything is OK, but sometimes the dispatch will say what they need to say, then it will be all static. Then the scanner will not continue scanning, it just stays on that frequency.

The same thing happens periodically with Lapeer Co. MIchigan on 800MHz standard.

mikemsu1

I usually run 3 on my sq setting with no issue...still allows really weak signals to not come thru as well as block out the "static" you describe in "most" instances. Sometimes requires a bump up or two...all depends on what you are listening to, that signal strength, as well as how high you want the threshold to be in regards to blocking out weaker transmissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.