• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

2 Scanners 1 Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go-24

I think I am set with scanners for the time being, now its time to start experimenting with antennas. What do you think about running 2 scanners (BCD996T & BCT15) off of one antenna? OR would it be better for each scanner to have its own?

Currently both are using the RS800 stubby, both do a good job, but since I have mounted the scanners in an obstructed area I think running some coax and hanging an antenna (indoors) might give me better reception.

Would the Antennix Phantom(R) low-profile antennas be worth while? Maybe something like the Antennix [Omnidirectional Fiberglass, 824-896 MHz, Tuned Frequency - 835 MHz, 3 dBd GAIN, Length - 25"] ??? Maybe something like a Scanmaster Desktop Discone ??? Coax Belden 9913 ...

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated - Im still very much a newbie ;)

Thanks!

Last edited:

Go-24

Well yes, I am interested, that's why I inquired ;)

Any opinions on those antennas I listed - maybe others?

RISC777

Go-24,

If you go with an active multicoupler, like the Stridsberg products, for a mobile/vehicle solution you'll need a power inverter since the ones I've seen are AC, not 12V DC.

`Doug

STiMULi

RISC777 said:
Go-24,

If you go with an active multicoupler, like the Stridsberg products, for a mobile/vehicle solution you'll need a power inverter since the ones I've seen are AC, not 12V DC.

`Doug

I think DC is fine.

From the Stridsberg site..
http://stridsberg.com/techinfo.htm

All active multicouplers requires +12 VDC/100 mA (nominal) to operate. Because of internal voltage regulation and filtering, this input DC voltage may be between +10 volt and +17 volts. On our standard models, DC power is applied via a common coaxial style power jack (5.5mm/2.1mm) with the center pin positive.

For the North American market, a wall adapter (110VAC/12VDC) is supplied as an accessory. For other countries, using AC power standards of 220 Volts, a DC power plug is supplied for the DC connection, this plug must wired by customer. On request, we can supply this plug wired with about 6 feet of cable for connection to customer +12 VDC power source.
I think I need one of these for my arsenal.

Has anyone hooked up one of these in series with a Xmt/Rcv multicoupler before?
(3 recieve only and 1 transmit receive)

RISC777

Eh, I shoulda looked at the wart before I stuck my foot in my mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.