2 Scanners 1 Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go-24

I think I am set with scanners for the time being, now its time to start experimenting with antennas. What do you think about running 2 scanners (BCD996T & BCT15) off of one antenna? OR would it be better for each scanner to have its own?

Currently both are using the RS800 stubby, both do a good job, but since I have mounted the scanners in an obstructed area I think running some coax and hanging an antenna (indoors) might give me better reception.

Would the Antennix Phantom(R) low-profile antennas be worth while? Maybe something like the Antennix [Omnidirectional Fiberglass, 824-896 MHz, Tuned Frequency - 835 MHz, 3 dBd GAIN, Length - 25"] ??? Maybe something like a Scanmaster Desktop Discone ??? Coax Belden 9913 ...

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated - Im still very much a newbie ;)

Thanks!

Last edited:

Go-24

Well yes, I am interested, that's why I inquired ;)

Any opinions on those antennas I listed - maybe others?

RISC777

Go-24,

If you go with an active multicoupler, like the Stridsberg products, for a mobile/vehicle solution you'll need a power inverter since the ones I've seen are AC, not 12V DC.

`Doug

STiMULi

RISC777 said:
Go-24,

If you go with an active multicoupler, like the Stridsberg products, for a mobile/vehicle solution you'll need a power inverter since the ones I've seen are AC, not 12V DC.

`Doug

I think DC is fine.

From the Stridsberg site..
http://stridsberg.com/techinfo.htm

All active multicouplers requires +12 VDC/100 mA (nominal) to operate. Because of internal voltage regulation and filtering, this input DC voltage may be between +10 volt and +17 volts. On our standard models, DC power is applied via a common coaxial style power jack (5.5mm/2.1mm) with the center pin positive.

For the North American market, a wall adapter (110VAC/12VDC) is supplied as an accessory. For other countries, using AC power standards of 220 Volts, a DC power plug is supplied for the DC connection, this plug must wired by customer. On request, we can supply this plug wired with about 6 feet of cable for connection to customer +12 VDC power source.

I think I need one of these for my arsenal.

Has anyone hooked up one of these in series with a Xmt/Rcv multicoupler before?
(3 recieve only and 1 transmit receive)

RISC777

Eh, I shoulda looked at the wart before I stuck my foot in my mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.