2 to 3,000MHz in an 12 inch long antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

prcguy

Ok, who will be the first to get one and report on how it works? And I thought the COMPACtenna had some wild claims.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Ok, who will be the first to get one and report on how it works? And I thought the COMPACtenna had some wild claims.

We all took a vote and decided you should order one. Let us know the sweeps results after you get it in November.

MDScanFan

It was hard to decide what portion of the listing I liked best but I settled on: Frequency Range: 2-3000MHz (Max to 2998MHz).

Back story...(Our engineers worked long and hard to come up with a ground breaking 2-3000 MHz design with “2/5 dB” gain. Unfortunately after years of work we determined we could not meet our stringent performance specs across the full range. We regretfully converged on only a 2-2998 MHz design. That last 2 MHz was elusive.)

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
We all took a vote and decided you should order one. Let us know the sweeps results after you get it in November.
I mailed in my ballot so you don't have it yet but I gotta tell you, that's asking an awful lot out of one antenna.

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
It's the Motorcycle Wheel Tire Lamp LED Neon Light Valve Stem Cap that provides the universal resonance.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
Look at the text on the images. Clearly it is the "Glass Fiber" enhancement that offers such dynamism! It'll be at your door in a month prcguy. I am curious as to how they made a dummy load without any fins to dissipate the heat! Per their description, one can also use it as a "...suit for various occasions." I don't think it will fit me.

RFI-EMI-GUY

I am glad to see this product as it solves all the problems for my Low Band Syntor X 9000 mobile installation. It will also make a great hand warmer and give off a warm red glow alerting other drivers on the road..

K4EET

Chaplain
As revolutionary as this two-fifths dB gain :ROFLMAO: antenna is, one would think that there has to be a patent on the design. I did a brief patent search and was not able to come up with anything solid (pun intended). This just might be vaporware which I do not believe is patentable. But with a VSWR of less than or equal to 3.5 across the bands from 2 MHz to almost 3 GHz, who cares about a patent?

YoShep69

Premium Subscriber

Mike_G_D

I don't know - plenty of room to stick a 50 ohm resistor with fins for, weeelll, some heat dissipation and that "FRP, fiberglass reinforced plastic is one of the strongest and most durable materials in the world" stuff should take up some slack in that!

Maybe even add a little wire at the top between the opposite end of the resistor and ground to let it "radiate a bit" and there ya go! Insta-wonder antenna that will warm you up all nice and cozy!

Might be fun, though, to apply 100 W continuous for a while and see what happens - might be a cool video to post on YouTube...

-Mike

K9DWB

QRT
How's this? This great antenna on the Baofeng radio! Sorry I got a bit sloppy with the "black RTV" when I locked the antenna onto the radio!

radio antenna merge.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.