• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

2-Tone - IC-F221 / 221S

Status
Not open for further replies.

W1RH

I've programmed many, many radios for 2-tone encode and decode, but this is my first Icom.

My question is: How the heck to I get the radio to recognize the 2-tone page with an audible alert out of the speaker? The tones are correct. I have the timings at the default settings. I'm testing the radio using a Motorola HT-1250 to generate the tones. Vertex, Motorola, Kenwood and Tait radios all decode the tones without issue.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I am using the latest versions of software for the 221-1 and the 221-S

Bob

12dbsinad

You need to turn on the RX 2 Tone decode (up to 10) in the memory screen on a per channel basis.

jimvm

Bob, I have both a ic121 and ic221 xcvrs. I can send you a code plug that has the default settings.
When I monitor public safety comms, sometimes the sound of a siren will cause the radio to
beep and the display flash.

Just a thought, for you.

73 jimvm, wb6qzl

W1RH

12db: Yes, I did do that when programming the radios. No audible alert when the radio is paged.

Jim: If you have a radio that issues an audible alert when paged (2-tone), yes, I'd like the file. Good to hear from you.

Bob

12dbsinad

12db: Yes, I did do that when programming the radios. No audible alert when the radio is paged.

Jim: If you have a radio that issues an audible alert when paged (2-tone), yes, I'd like the file. Good to hear from you.

Bob
The other thing that could be going on is the 221's are famous for drifting off frequency far enough it will not decode 2 tone or even PL. If you have the means, check the RX/TX. I've seen it many times with these radios and may need to be brought back into alignment.

W1RH

Jim: Got your file. No 2-tone programmed into it.

12db: I'm having this issue with every 221-S and 221-1 I have here. I do have a service analyzer. Transmit tones received OK when sent from an Icom F221 to Vertex and Motorola radios. Got to be something I'm doing wrong.

I have attached screen shots of the

Attachments

• 2-TONE 1.jpg
    2-TONE 1.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 2-tONE 2.jpg
    2-tONE 2.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 11

W1RH

Great idea Jim, and I was sure this would fix it.....but still no 2-tone decode. Tested on two different radios. One F221-S and one F221-1. Verified hangup was grounded by testing scan.

Any other suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.