2002 GMC Envoy

Status
Not open for further replies.

wcu02mpa

This is my 2002 GMC Envoy. It has a Motorola Syntor X9000 low band programmed for both 6 and ten meters as well as NCSHP, TN and some other lowband HP systems on RX only, an A4 VHF Motorola spectra (one of the pics is from when I had an A9 spectra) and a Yaesu FT-857d. I am still installing the antennas and have to use a combo of mag-mounts, fixed HF mount and through roof holes. When finished I will have both 6 and 10 meter Larsen whips up top running through a comet duplexor, a multiband HF on the rear and a dual band VHF single band (on fixed mounts) attached to the luggage rack (will post pics when finished).

Attachments

• My radios envoy.jpg
    My radios envoy.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 3,270
  • radio gmc 2.jpg
    radio gmc 2.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 4,482
  • Larsens.jpg
    Larsens.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 1,964
  • HF antenna.jpg
    HF antenna.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 2,064

Porkins

Nice install. I have the Chevy Sister of the GMT360 lineup. We would like you to share your setup with the guys over on GMTNation.com

wcu02mpa

Absolutely

Feel free to share the link and pics. I will have some more up soon. I will be at Charlotte Hamfest this weekend (Actually in Concord NC) with vehicle. I need to get the comet CF-360 duplexer to finish the complete job for splitting the 6 and 10 meter ham bands on the X-9000.

In my first post I meant to say a dual band antenna and a single band VHF antenna. The mag mounts are being replaced with fixed mounts.

Last edited:

steveh552

Not bad, good way to use space since you have the console shifter. I found that to be th biggest issue installing equipment into my Grand Cherokee

Porkins

Feel free to share the link and pics. I will have some more up soon. I will be at Charlotte Hamfest this weekend (Actually in Concord NC) with vehicle. I need to get the comet CF-360 duplexer to finish the complete job for splitting the 6 and 10 meter ham bands on the X-9000.

In my first post I meant to say a dual band antenna and a single band VHF antenna. The mag mounts are being replaced with fixed mounts.

Ok, here is the linkback if you would like to visit sometime.

Communication & Gadets

SCPD

QRT
Gmc spark noise

Very nice installation. I see you had an envoy or denali in the photo. I have one but can't operate mobile because of severe spark plug noise. The car's am radio hears it somewhat, but on hf, it tears me up. I tried running my rig on separate battery and also bonding the hood. My antenna is mounted with good practices observed on the tow bar on rear.

Did you have to do anything with your gmc or is it that my 40,000-mi envoy needs new plugs and wires?

Thanks for your advice.

bill

N8IAA

Very nice installation. I see you had an envoy or denali in the photo. I have one but can't operate mobile because of severe spark plug noise. The car's am radio hears it somewhat, but on hf, it tears me up. I tried running my rig on separate battery and also bonding the hood. My antenna is mounted with good practices observed on the tow bar on rear.

Did you have to do anything with your gmc or is it that my 40,000-mi envoy needs new plugs and wires?

Thanks for your advice.

bill

Bill, you woke up a three year old thread, and the OP hasn't been on for a little over two months. A PM would have been better
Larry

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Bill, you woke up a three year old thread, and the OP hasn't been on for a little over two months. A PM would have been better
Larry

He's a new member who doesn't yet have access to PM's.

Waking up an old thread is not a problem if the post is on topic.

Perhaps the OP will reply or possibly someone else can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.