2002 TrailBlazer

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD0LDK

Took a bit of a break from the Impala to get my original rig back in good condition. Never done an overview on my Trailblazer and figured I'd throw it on here.

I'll have to take some more pictures tomorrow but here's what I have right now.

My latest project in the TB is a secondary battery. To begin the project I made a console plate to hold 2 digital DC voltmeters and an extra cup holder.

IMG_20111104_194635.jpg

Here's what I started with, a 14 gauge steel plate measured and cut.

IMG_20111104_194647.jpg

Have a couple holes cut for the voltmeters.

IMG_20111104_202818.jpg

Painted and voltmeters installed.

IMG_20111105_155758.jpg

And finished with the cup holder installed.

IMG_20111105_155903.jpg

Here's the console setup in the TB right now. From front to back..
- Voltmeters
- Switch box
- Relocated AM/FM/CD (MDT mounted in place of stock AM/FM)
- Yeasu FT-2500 2M Rig
- Alinco DR-599 2M/440 (Mainly used as a mobile x-band repeater)
- Pro-433 Scanner (entire state of KS conventional programmed)
- Uniden BC350C Scanner (only used for my local fire freqs)
- Missing is the all in one Spectra control head/mic

IMG_20110717_175401.jpg

The previous project in the TB was some rear shelving to organize all the electronics, fire gear, etc. Here's how those turned out. And mounted to the shelves.
- Boss 6 channel amp
- Left supported by 10 inch Pioneer sub
- 2 100 amp extended duty solenoids (1 for primary battery, 1 for secondary battery to be installed later)
- Fuse blocks
- 110 Watt VHF Spectra
- 850 Watt Inverter
- Kenwood TK-762 (for APRS, still a work in progress)

I'll add some more pictures this week!
- Kyle

KD0LDK

Thanks guys! My next project for it is integrating a Garmin GPS for use with APRS. Just missing the O2TM module, further up the road a bit.

KD0LDK

how did you install the center counsel with the shift being right there?

It's pretty in depth. The Havis console for TrailBlazer's requires that you remove the entire stock console and cut it in half. So essentially all the Havis does is replace the storage of the original console while keeping the shifter in tact. Mine did come with a plate that allowed for use of the emergency brake but mine doesn't work and I have no use for it around here since there's no hills so I nixed that out of the equation.

- Kyle

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
It's pretty in depth. The Havis console for TrailBlazer's requires that you remove the entire stock console and cut it in half. So essentially all the Havis does is replace the storage of the original console while keeping the shifter in tact. Mine did come with a plate that allowed for use of the emergency brake but mine doesn't work and I have no use for it around here since there's no hills so I nixed that out of the equation.

- Kyle

Yea that console can be a real pita...I have a buddy who I helped install a CDM in his TB of course it was remote mounted, Mounting the radio it self was a piece of cake, but how ever mounting the control head was the real chore, we pretty much had to cut out the two front cup holders to get h control head to fit.

'05 Trailblazer LS Install - Updated 8/29/11

There is the link for the pics of my buddy's 05 TB.

KD0LDK

Yea that console can be a real pita...I have a buddy who I helped install a CDM in his TB of course it was remote mounted, Mounting the radio it self was a piece of cake, but how ever mounting the control head was the real chore, we pretty much had to cut out the two front cup holders to get h control head to fit.

'05 Trailblazer LS Install - Updated 8/29/11

There is the link for the pics of my buddy's 05 TB.

You know Chris eh? I "know" him from TrailVoy, pretty familiar with his setup, I've drooled over it for quite sometime :p

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
You know Chris eh? I "know" him from TrailVoy, pretty familiar with his setup, I've drooled over it for quite sometime :p[/QU

I don't know a Chris, That is my friend Nathan's set up. I've seen that thing all lit up in person and its impressive, he has some more lights going into that car too.

WX4EMT

Premium Subscriber
Kyle, you never cease to amaze me. You have become quite the installer - man.

Very nice work.

WOW!:eek: Five stars KD0LDK!

Two questions:

1) Where did you get those voltmeters? I want one!
2) What paint and technique did you use to make the steel look sooooo good?

KD0LDK

And here's why I moved my radio to the console.

IMG_20111112_170951.jpg

IMG_20111112_171006.jpg

MDT is a touchscreen that I use for navigation only and the laptop is used for streaming video and radar. The Jotto Desk allows me to chase alone or it's comfortable for my chase partner.

Kyle, you never cease to amaze me. You have become quite the installer - man.

Very nice work.

Thanks Keith! I try and keep ya on your toes :p

Now that's a good lookin' install.

:)

Thank ya sir!

WOW!:eek: Five stars KD0LDK!

Two questions:

1) Where did you get those voltmeters? I want one!
2) What paint and technique did you use to make the steel look sooooo good?

Thanks! The voltmeters were from eBay, I couldn't find anything else anywhere.

Voltmeters: eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

The paint is Rust-oleum Textured Black, it works really good and does make a great finish.

WX4EMT

Premium Subscriber
MDT.... More info please. Thinking about going WxWorx / Mobile Threat Net and something like that would work NICELY!

KD0LDK

Thanks for the info!
No problem!

MDT.... More info please. Thinking about going WxWorx / Mobile Threat Net and something like that would work NICELY!
It's a used MDT I purchased used from a local HAM. It's nothing special, 900Mhz VIA processor with 256mb of ram and only displays 800x600. It's no speed demon but it runs GPS just fine, being able to manipulate that large of a map with my finger on the go is nice.

As for the mount I made my own out of 14gauge steel. Mainly using the original bolts behind the dash and I also added 2 of my own 1/4in bolts on either side. It's not a pretty mount, but you never see it and it does the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.