• IMG_1730 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1730 (Medium).JPG
    50 KB · Views: 1,255
  • IMG_1733 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1733 (Medium).JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 1,200
Last edited:

af5rn

Oh man, you faked us out! I thought we were going to get to see the elusive BCD99T here! Instead, you give us the garden variety 996T. What a disappointment!

But seriously, that is exactly where I am fixin' to mount a 996 in my car. I will probably drill new holes in the bracket though, because the current holes have the radio sitting too far from the console unless you angle it in like you've done. Looks good though! Very clean!

UFEMTFF

Feed Provider
af5rn said:
Oh man, you faked us out! I thought we were going to get to see the elusive BCD99T here! Instead, you give us the garden variety 996T. What a disappointment!

But seriously, that is exactly where I am fixin' to mount a 996 in my car. I will probably drill new holes in the bracket though, because the current holes have the radio sitting too far from the console unless you angle it in like you've done. Looks good though! Very clean!
Smart Alec! I edited the title but I don't think it will matter!

Yeah it seems to workout well, except that the speaker fires into the console. It sounds a lot better with the speaker out and the screen in upside-down mode, but then the stick shift gets in the way of the screen all together. I'll eventually just get an external speaker.

That position is good for a few reasons. 1. It's pretty visible from the drivers seat. 2. Even with the passenger seat all the way forward, it doesn't hit the seat. 3. It's not in the passenger's way very much.

Thanks for all of the comments!

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Any reason you didn't go with the DIN sleeve under the CD player?

My ex had a 2002 with the cassette player, so I got her the factory CD add-on so she would be able to listen to CDs as well as use her MP3 player with a cassette adapter (plus she had a ton of books on casseteet tape she would not give up) :lol:

UFEMTFF

Feed Provider
Grog said:
Any reason you didn't go with the DIN sleeve under the CD player?

My ex had a 2002 with the cassette player, so I got her the factory CD add-on so she would be able to listen to CDs as well as use her MP3 player with a cassette adapter (plus she had a ton of books on casseteet tape she would not give up) :lol:
Because it's not quite a DIN sleeve unless you remove the stock head unit. If I got an aftermarket headunit, I would be able to fit a double DIN in there. Believe me, I tried! It's VERY close, but it would've take some fabrication and there would've been gaps on either side.

If I ever get a new CD player I will though.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I was not aware of that, thanks for the info though. I spent many miles in one of those and always thought that would be an almost perfect place for a mobile install.

fmulder13

That was where my BCT8 and Pro-2056 were for the longest time. Worked fine for me. I'd recommend going drilled NMO once you get up the gumption though. Then you get rid of that ugly RS antenna base and ugly cable...

Nice install.

andy404ns

That's just where I have my 996T in my Jeep. However, I would highly recommend that you get the remote head and mount it right up next to your steering wheel. That way you can keep the scanner where it is and have the display with all controls right up next to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.