• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

2003 Mercury Sable Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveh552

I am wanting to put something into my Mercury Sable. I just bought it a month or so ago, and it has the standard Ford intergrated radio/Hvac controls, cannot even replace the stereo from what I am told (not that I need to, it sounds good). I am thinking of installing a radio of some sort, either a scanner or 2m or possibly a HF rig. I am NOT wanting to drill a bunch of holes in the car and do not want it to look like an antenna farm. The shifter is on the floor and not on the steering colum like on the Taurus. So, Any thoughts on an install?

I commute daily 20 miles each way to work early morning, and I also commute once or twice a week 40 miles each way for school. 3 trips a year to West Tenessee as well.

wv8mat

Premium Subscriber
Pictures of the inside would help, and exactly what your going to put in would help too. remote head placement and what not

steveh552

Pictures of the inside would help, and exactly what your going to put in would help too. remote head placement and what not

Good point. I need to see what I can do for pics, I only have a camera on my phone and it is not very good. I am not sure what I want, I only have a tech license right now for Ham, I was thinking of getting an 817 or 857, but then I was thinking maybe just a 2m/440, I have been out of the ham loop for quite awhile now.

DieselFF918

To save space, I would go with a remote mount dual band. Such as the Yaesu 8800R or something similar.

I would like to put a dual band in my Durango as well, run a dual band and my 2m rig.

Status
Not open for further replies.