2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer

Status
Not open for further replies.

colby4601

This is my most recent and current install in the Trailblazer. It's nothing glamorous, but it gets what it needs to done. I will be swapping out the mag mount antenna for an NMO mount in the centre of the roof. Both a VHF and 800 antenna. The Jaguar will be swapped out with an XTL 2500/5000 as we make a system upgrade through out the province.

Current Equipment:
Jaguar J725M EDACS radio. Remote mounted. Guts are underneath the rear passenger seats. Power is run into the fuse relay under the seats as well.

XTS 2500. Have it mounted on a Pro-Clip mount for now. I'm awaiting the arrival of a travel charger and then I'll snap that on the mount and see how it works. There is a speaker wire that runs from the XTS mic to the speaker under the driver seat.

And finally, there is the Garmin 255W up along the headliner.

As I said before, the Jaguar will be swapped out for an XTL in the next little while.

Not shown is a M/A-Com P7100.

Enjoy!

DSCN0450.jpg

DSCN0451.jpg

DSCN0452.jpg

DSCN0453.jpg

DSCN0454.jpg

DSCN0455.jpg

DSCN0456.jpg

DSCN0457.jpg

colby4601

A combination of velcro and being wedged. Works well. The radio head certainly isn't going anywhere. I've had a few high speed turnarounds and it stays right in there.

colby4601

For sure... I'll try and get some before the end of the day. Once I'm home from work I'll take some pictures. Do you want pics of where the radio is installed as well?

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
I presume your Jaguar and XTL are the VHF radio's? I didn't think EDACS and Motorola could talk on TRS! Took me a minute to realize that, since I'm a Motorola man, the Jaguar is the M/AComm radio! I was looking forward to seeing a Jag with a XTL radio installed! :)

colby4601

Jaguar and XTS are actually 800. Two different systems. I'm waiting for my XTL to arrive and then, for a short period of time, I will be running three different systems in my vehicle so I can talk to everybody. XTL will be VHF.

colby4601

Alright, I'm not sure when I'll be able to get those photos. The TB had to go into the garage yesterday, so I wasn't able to get pictures and for the time being, I have an Impala.

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
I'm glad you are in Canada, that way the SAPS here can't condemn you for your equipment. Even though I have the Spectra "9" remote head in my truck, I would love to give a Jaguar remote a try (I like the 2 line display). Just don't know if my hand can even wrap itself around a GE mic though! :)

colby4601

The Jaguar is absolutely fantastic. Heavy duty and extremely reliable. If you have a chance/opportunity to get your hand on one, by all means do so.

When I was working for a certain federal agency in Canada, the province system was by M/A-Com, which meant M7100^ip. Those radios were absolutely fantastic as well.

I kinda got hooked!

Status
Not open for further replies.