2004 Ford Expedition Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grondoline

Are you getting the Havis "Vehicle Specific" console? You will lose the lighter plug in the factory console, but can keep the one on the passenger side. You will have to relocate the "off" switch for the stability control.

WQOC472

Yes i'm getting the Vehicle Specific console. I don't see any where on the console where the stability control "off" switch is??

Grondoline

The Advance-Trac control - It's in the center console - I thought it was standard on all Expeditions - maybe not.

WQOC472

I have the XLT model of the Expedition. I don't have any switch on my console anywhere... Guess i dodged a bullet on that one!

WQOC472

Anyone have any idea how to get the OEM console out of my expedition? I have taken the screw out of the bottom of the coin tray, But it wont budge.

Help would be greatly appreicated!!!

THANKS!

BillyFred

The last one I did was an 01. It was a 2 piece arrangement. The pretty stuff was all installed via small screws and I believe some were up under the lip inside the storage area. After you find all the screws and remove it there a sub-structure underneath. It bolts to the floor and this is the best I can describe it. The studs into the taped holes in the floor had a reverse torx. In other words you need a torx socket to remove. however these studs have a nut the holds the sub-structure down. Often as you try and remove the nut the entire stud will unscrew. Not a big deal as you can finish removing the console. You may need to have a torx socket and a wrench to separate the nuts from the stud to either re-use the stud for mounting or to plug the holes. Or use the nuts and a deep socket to re-install.

Hope that makes some sense and that was on a 2001.

BillyFred

Yes the entire body and interior changed in 2003

Well I would suspect they followed along the same line as the F-150 pickup. I have done pickups in 04,07,09 and 10. Same deal to a point. Basically all the pretty trim was held on with screws and/or clips. Once you get that peeled back you get the the real structure. One note, on the pickups and I would bet the SUV's the airbag brain is mounted under that console. in the 09 and 10 it had a very nice metal structure that surrounded it and was what the console bolted to. I used this structure to bolt down a couple of runners and built a false floor over it. That gave me a nice chase for wiring and allowed floor front to back. You can get a 30" and an 18" Havis console in there!

Bottom line is you're likely to have to get past the trim to find what is really bolted to the floor. It's not likely to be small screws.

WQOC472

Console Install Pics

Finally took delivery of the Havis Console after waiting 4 weeks for delivery. I installed the unit today, i will be doing all the wiring to the switch box tomorrow. I hope to make a final youtube video of the finished product when i (fingers crossed) finish up tomorrow!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 1,864
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 3,178
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 2,577
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 3,764
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 2,271

Spankymedic7

Curious...

Love seeing stringer setups, keep us posted.

Hey Tampa,

My wife and I used to live in Pinellas County for several years, and loved it (we miss the area terribly!). Anyway, I've always wanted to know what does one do to become a stringer? There was a show on cable a few years ago aptly named "Stringers" and I thought it was the coolest show ever! I know this isn't ethe appropriate forum, so if you want to PM me, I would appreciate it.

Take care.

Volt

This is awesome. I need to do this to my '03 Expedition. Which part number did you buy from Havis Console? Also, I have a Uniden BCT15X. Where would I find the mount to fit this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.