2004 Nissan Pathfinder

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveMICU

Here is my Pathfinder with a custom center console, made from steel flats which were cut, welded, and powder coated black by myself. The Uniden and Yaesu remote heads operate a BCT 15 and a yaesu 7800R dual band tranceiver (I'm a ham also) located in the rear of the vehicle. Below that is a control panel with switches for various devices. Next is an MP3 player which is modified to operate from the vehicle's 12v power system. The lower panel is a joystick control for the remote spotlight (go-light). Each panel is secured using 2 screws which are easily removed to add/remove/re-configure equipment. Thanks for looking!
-Dave

Attachments

• RadioPathfinder08_08sm.jpg
    RadioPathfinder08_08sm.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 3,080

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
Dave:

Very nice and neat install!!! I have a very similar setup in my vehicle - I have a BC-RH96 remote paired with a BC396T scanner. I also have a Yaesu FT-7800E with the remote head mounted on the console and the radio in the rear luggage compartment. My question is this - if you mounted your BC-15 scanner in the rear, how do you turn it on each time you decide to use it since you can't power on/off the scanner from the BC-RH96?

daveMICU

Thanks!

Re: Turning scanner on/off... the relay which powers the scanner is attached to the "ACC" line from the car so it automatically switches off when I shut the car off (same for the remote head). The volume is muted when I turn the vol/power all the way down.
-Dave

NYRHKY94

Dave:

Very nice install! If you have a few more pics (different angles) you could share, I'm sure alot of us would appreciate it. Antenna shots too ;-)

Thanks for sharing.

daveMICU

Why the spotlight? Why not? :)

I don't use it much, but it has been helpful a few times. The actual spot light stays inside my car and has magnets on the base so I can place it on the roof only when I need it...
-Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.