Wow, very nice! I don't guess you shot any in-process pics we can see? I'd like to see how you did it, and what is underneath the grey cover, bracket wise. Did you mount external speakers? What about the antennae? Again, very sweet job!
Here is the console with the bucket out and the upper trim panels off
here is what the back of the mount panel looks like. Just a 10"x14" piece of 3/4" plywood. I attached the carpet with contact cement and stapled the back for good measure. The original plan called for brackets to hold the radios but the carpet makes for an extremely tight interference fit and they aren't moving. I might just leave it as is. I think I will be recovering it with black carpet though, the grey is not as close a match for my seats as I thought it would be and I'm weird like that.
the panel is attached to the console sides with the 4 screws that attached the bucket and thats it.
A shot of how the Ham sits in there. I was originally concerned about heat but once I got it in there, I think it is a non-issue. There is quite a bit of air space in there.
and here is what the original console bucket looks like
And as far as the antennas, the pics in the groundplane thread you replied to are as far as I have gotten. I really wanted to keep them back behind the cab but I am starting to consider installing the mag mounts on the roof. Not sure which direction I am going just yet. I only started working on it last evening so it is a work in progress and I am likely to change my mind several times until I get it to an acceptable state.