2005 GMC Sierra Console

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccravens

In April I posted pictures of my new console that I built and was happy with it until about a month ago. So I decided to somewhat rebuild it to be easier to use. Also, in a couple of months the bottom scanner is coming out and a VHF 2-way is going in for farm and future fire dept use. There are a couple of old pics (top 2) and the new pics of it taken apart. I'm going to try to post the finished pics tomorrow afternoon. Let me know what you think or if you have any questions ask.

Attachments

• DSCN0017.JPG
    DSCN0017.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 7,415
  • DSCN0024.JPG
    DSCN0024.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 5,450
  • DSCN0121.JPG
    DSCN0121.JPG
    119.8 KB · Views: 5,151
  • DSCN0122.JPG
    DSCN0122.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 5,151
  • DSCN0125.JPG
    DSCN0125.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 5,180

K8TEK

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
You need an actual MagCharger.

tunnelmot

Premium Subscriber
Very clean and simple. Nothing bad to say here.

I like how you took the time to flush mount the speakers.

Rich

tcm4368

Very nice install...And looks classier than store bought metal consoles.

ccravens

New Pics and Answers

Texaslandmusic - As far as plans for the box, I made it out of cardboard first so I don't have any plans from the build. Honestly, I don't believe that it would fit into a Ranger anyway as it barely fits in mine.

776 - My dad works for a John Deere dealership and he was able to order them. They actually go on some of John Deere's equipment but they are no different than any other switch of the same type, other than the looks.

The two pictures below are the finished product until I get my 2-way in a few months.

Attachments

• DSCN0160.JPG
    DSCN0160.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 6,325
  • DSCN0158.JPG
    DSCN0158.JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 3,311

ccravens

WatnNY - The console fits pretty tight between my dash and the cupholders. It is also pretty heavy. I don't have it mounted to the floorboard or anything but I haven't had any problems with it moving. I guess the combination of the tight fit, the weight, and possibly the two carpets gripping keeps it from moving around.

Gilligan

Database Admin
What kind of cupholder mount is that and where did you get it? I've been looking for that style (that automatically adjusts to the drink size).

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
WatnNY - The console fits pretty tight between my dash and the cupholders. It is also pretty heavy. I don't have it mounted to the floorboard or anything but I haven't had any problems with it moving. I guess the combination of the tight fit, the weight, and possibly the two carpets gripping keeps it from moving around.

Good deal Cravens. I was just thinking of a car accident and that thing flying up out of there, or if you were hit on either side how it would crush someone's legs when it came out of there! Just a thought, buddy!

Mike

Gilligan

Database Admin
What kind of cupholder mount is that and where did you get it? I've been looking for that style (that automatically adjusts to the drink size).

Status
Not open for further replies.