• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

2005 jeep grand cherokee

Status
Not open for further replies.

spitcher1992

Hello all, i have an 05 grand cherokee, i have a cdm1250 on the way and was wondering if anyone had any ideas on a mounting location... i have a mobile installed right now on the passenger side of the center console near the glove box but im not liking it.

My daughter has a 1997 Grand Cherokee. I have an Icom dual-band mobile mounted in the same spot. She's not in like with that location, either. I was thinking about moving the radio chassis under the rear seat or into the cargo area, then using a remote control head kit to just mount the control head somewhere up on the dashboard.

I had a work Cherokee, not a Grand, that was a fleet vehicle. Frankly, I liked that better because it had a lot less plastic inside and we were able to mount some equipment down the middle. I had several different types of vehicles over the years, so I think this particular model had a tray that came up from being bolted to the right side of the transmission hump to hold a Midland radio and a Whelen siren with light controls. Even then, there was another secondary radio hanging from under the glove box. My daughter would never stand for having something like that in hers, but think about it for yours. The only drawback is that I could not conceal the equipment (it was a marked vehicle with a lightbar, anyway, so there was nothing to conceal).

The big plastic center console seems to be common in vehicles now. As it ages, the only thing plastic does is break. I've got self-tapping screws through the broken plastic parts of her door and in some parts of the dashboard.

K4PS

Premium Subscriber
Grand Cherokee Mount

The below listed items will enable you to remote mount your CDM1250 Head at eye level and angled to the driver. Works well.
Get a Panavise mount off of Ebay. Panavise mount # 75122-205. About $25.
Get a remote mount kit for your CDM1250 off of Ebay. Around $70.
Mount the Panavise mount per instructions. Get a piece of thin sheet metal or an old sign etc. Trace the back of the outline of the CDM Head mount to the sheet metal and cut out. Include a 5/8 hole where the RJ plug will go into the Head. Now mount the metal plate to the Panavise mount with small counter sunk flat head screws. (about a #10 screw.) {The metal plate will be mounted offset to the left. The Panavise mount is about 1 1/2" square and the traced plate will be about 1 1/2" X 6" long} Mount the head to the sheet metal plate with double sided scotch tape from WalMart's home improvement dept. where the tapes are located. Now place the radio where you want and enjoy.

Mike

dkf435

Used the Panavise mount on my 2006 Jeep Commander (think it is the same as the GC one) for mounting the Icom 7000 and antenna control switch. Have 3 other dual banders with heads on dash and bodies 1 under each seat and 2 on center hump. Be careful drilling mounting holes under seats as there are ducts and refrigerant lines going to the rear so use short screw. Also adding the RAM computer mount and it has a sturdy pole to clamp brackets to.

David Kb7uns

Status
Not open for further replies.