• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

2005 Pontiac G6 install

Status
Not open for further replies.

kadetklapp

Looking for some advice here. My wife and I have an '05 G6. She is adamant that no holes are to be drilled in the side of the center console (about the only available space for a radio). I have a Yaesu FT-2600M that I'd like to install in that area. I know there are some mounting brackets that slide underneith the console between it and the carpet to support the radios. Anyone have any pics of something like this and what the availablity is?

w8hey

I also own an 05 G6, so I'd be interested to see any ideas others have come up with. This car doesn't really have a place to mount anything except a remote head...

kadetklapp

No, just had this radio laying around and thought the display and backlighting was a good match for the Pontiac. I'll see if I can rig something up on the console.

kadetklapp

Well, I took a road trip this weekend and decided to do a temporary install. In all, it wasn't a bad set up. I mounted a VHF curly antenna to an NMO lip mount on the trunk of the G6 (No spoiler). I ran the RG-58 under the rocker trim and under the pass seat to the console. I slide the FT-2600M between the seat and the console. The radio looked OK there but from the driver's seat it wasn't very easy to view the display because of the angle. The mic went in a adhesive black plastic mic holder on the HVAC panal. It kept coming off. I finally restuck it and have left it alone with no mic in it hoping the adhesive will cure enough to cradle the mic. Not a quality piece.

The mic's DTMF panal is backlit in red, one of the reasons I wanted to put this radio in the G6. It is a nearly perfect color match, but just a tad too dim. If I dim the panal lights, it looks almost factory.

Anyway, we will keep working on a better mounting solution, in the meantime, this does work pretty well.

mcema699

Try Locktite Repair Extreme for an adhesive that sticks. Don' ask about what happens when you want it off. :) I have a 3 lighter socket on my shifter console that no two sided tape would hold because of the heat from the transmission. This stuff holds it fine.

kadetklapp

Ya I thought about that, but someday it would need to come off, thats why I didn't want to just screw a regular one on though. I restuck it and it fell off again, this heat is not condusive to adhesive products.

I'll probably try some loctite or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.