2006 BCD996T

Status
Not open for further replies.

AronDouglas

Premium Subscriber
I came across an offer on a 996T (not the XT, the older T version) and the guy wants $250 for it (not telling anyone where its being sold :) Why dont I see to many 996Ts bring sold. For the longest time I thought that the 'T' was the British version while the 'XT' was the American version because I could only find the 'T' for sale on a British site. The 'XT' is obviously an improved scanner but why dont I see many 'T' versions for sale?

mrkelso

I have 2 of them in my 4 scanner tower and i won't part with them. Rock solid radios. Not like what they are producing nowadays.

ka3nxn

Premium Subscriber
I have one of the first "T's" released. I also won't part with mine, or should I say. My wife won't part with it. She loves having it in her car.

Jaime-KA3NXN

rwier

I came across an offer on a 996T (not the XT, the older T version) and the guy wants $250 for it (not telling anyone where its being sold :) Why dont I see to many 996Ts bring sold. For the longest time I thought that the 'T' was the British version while the 'XT' was the American version because I could only find the 'T' for sale on a British site. The 'XT' is obviously an improved scanner but why dont I see many 'T' versions for sale?

My 996T sits outdoors, on a workbench under the carport. It's probably the only scanner I have ever owned that can be heard over most shop noise. Heck, I can even walk across the street to jawbone with a neighbor, and still know what's happening in the City, lol.

lep

You don't see many 996T's anymore because it is a couple of generations behind the current ones. . It does not display UID, for example. I have one in my auto and it seems fine for my in-my-town monitoring but when I am going on a trip I take a newer scanner with me, either an HP-1 or my 436.

It is still a good, serviceable scanner. Make sure you apply updated firm ware. I doubt there will be any more updates, the last one I recall is v.3.02.000 in Oct 2009, nearly 5 years ago.

mrkelso

Yep The best of the last few years. Sorry about the blurry pic

Attachments

• IMG_0288.jpg
    IMG_0288.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 192

CQdeKS1E

Just got one of

f eBay. My last scanner bought was a Pro 2042. I am now finally into the digital age of scanners! My first police radios were tunable,
build it yourself Knight Kits with tubes!(No lie). What a giant leap in technology this trunking is! 73s.

Status
Not open for further replies.