2006 F-150 Simple In Dash Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

c0wb0yup

Here is my 2055 in the dash with my sony fm radio. I didn't want to put a magnet antenna on my new truck, and certainly didn't want to drill a hole for a permanent mount. So i took the lazy and easy way out. I cut off about 2feet of cable with a BNC connector on one side, and took the antenna mount out of an old broken pro-94, drilled a small hole in the plate on top to mount the pro94 connector, and soldered together. The antenna is the extending antenna that came with my uniden 785. I put the BNC L connector on because it was easy to take off, while the uniden antenna is very tight. This serves my purpose of listening to the local 800 system, and i can easily extend it for better reception of VHF. Also can position the antenna in any position. Also added an external speaker (not visible in picture). Anyway, here is the lazy man's setup.
--Tony

Attachments

• F150SETUP.jpg
    F150SETUP.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 3,270

CLTX11

Radio install looks great and kudos on the creativity on the antenna mount. If it works for you, that is all that matters.

kc8qch

well that helps me alot. Looks like the 06 dash isn't all the different from the 05 dash and I have been wanting to do pretty much the same thing in my 05 F150 so I now know it's doable....thanks for the pics. Looks like it will work well!

Jeff

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Very Nice!

Im Jealous!
With all the crap that came with my truck, I wish I had the space to mount something that looked flush like yours. Very nice. Yet another intall that looks like it came from the factory! Well done! Love the antenna thing!

Manny

firetaz834

I myself would not call that a lazy man's setup. I would call it a very well done professional install.

I think we forget that our installs are to serve a purpose. That being installing the equipment so that it doesn't look like it was done by a 10 year old and also to come up with new ways to mount an antenna so that we don't end up drilling 10 zillion extra holes.

A big thumbs-up in the job you did. Looks very good and never looks at all lazy. A+ work

n8emr

nice look for the scanner. I think I would have hidden the antenna in the A pillar but if it works it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.