2006 Impala 9C1 Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

WX4EMT

Premium Subscriber
I had one of those Voltex arrowsticks on the back of my Blazer. Nice looking equipment but the controller didn't last very long. I saved the extruded aluminum enclosure for a future project, provided it will hold Whelen LINZ6 LED modules, it will live again as a traffic advisor.

KD0LDK

Ohhh, I thought you kept the seat IN........
I don't storm chase, (I don't even think Florida has storm chasing), so I don't need any lights, I was just lookin out for you.......n your safety!

No plastic came out, no need for it. I'll have a regular one in there before too long, found one locally. There's some in Florida. I used to rely on lights but after doing fire/rescue for a year and a half and police for a year, I've realized lights provide a false sense of security and I don't rely on them at all. I've almost became a hood ornament numerous times.

Keith, did the light heads die as well or just the controller?

WX4EMT

Premium Subscriber
>>Keith, did the light heads die as well or just the controller?<<

The controller de-laminated from the heat in the vehicle, literally peeled itself apart. The LEDs in the bar aren't your typical flasher / LED setup it's more of a master / slave type. The master module filled up with water as well so if you get one add some sealant and protect the controller.

WQOC472

When i outfitted my Expedition, I purchased SpeedTech Lights. I bought 2 Grille LED light heads, a 2 head LED dash light, and a 8 LED head deck light/TA. For around $500.00

https://speedtechlights.com/index.php

They are great lights and have had a lot of success.

ScannaMan9

what is in pic. #3??
does it block your view on the dash?????
(im not gonna' go on if it's legal or not.)

Not a bad idea, I just wanted something simple. I rarely use the lights but occasionally there is a need while chasing. Just be careful with traffic advisor's, these days people will look for an excuse to sue. It sucks!

What're you referring to? There's a DVR camera just below the rear view mirror. In that picture I think the LCD is folded down, normally it's folded up so it doesn't block my view. Since I was sitting and that was the first storm I've caught with it I was checking to see what video looked like.

I'll be doing a video of it all later this week so you can actually see stuff, those pictures aren't the best.

i'd suggest unplugging the lights, if possible, to prevent turning them on-driving down the street

i mean the "object" above the middle of the steering wheel on with a suction cup.
it looks like a spotlight, but im not sure

KD0LDK

Ohhh, I thought you kept the seat IN........
I don't storm chase, (I don't even think Florida has storm chasing), so I don't need any lights, I was just lookin out for you.......n your safety!

i'd suggest unplugging the lights, if possible, to prevent turning them on-driving down the street

i mean the "object" above the middle of the steering wheel on with a suction cup.
it looks like a spotlight, but im not sure

I don't have any lights, just a rear taillight flasher on a switch. I just have a spotlight in front, not illegal to have.

SCPD

QRT
NMO Antennas

KD0LDK,

Nice setup. I'm going to be installing a Jotto console into my 2003 Durango in the coming days. I'll be sure to post my pictures and installation shots as well.

I'm curious why you did all of that work inside but then skimped on the NMO mounts? You need to drill some 3/4" holes there my friend! Take advantage of that ground plane! :D

Cheers,
-Nick, k7cj

KK4LBX

I gotta say, he does nice work on his installs on his POVs. I am gonna hopefully be doing a install soon on my '93 Dodge Grand Caravan. Nice setups by all the pics I have seen on this forum.

-Dalton, KK4LBX

scottyhetzel

I have the SEO J63 lights & siren speaker wire bundle on my Tahoe but thus far have not found where the wires terminate at the grille end of the bundle. That part of the project is still weeks away though.

grab a tone and probe set and you will find the wires....cant be that hard 4LEO. Home Depot sells the fluke unit for 79.00 bucks... : )

Status
Not open for further replies.