• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

2006 Impala (Civilian) headlight flasher

Status
Not open for further replies.

adko701

Feed Provider
I would like to put a headlight flasher in my car. 2006 Chevy Impala Civilian package. I don't really want to cut any wires if possible. Let me know! Thanks

methusaleh

Unless you cut wires and then put quick disconnects on them, thereby negating the need for future cutting, you will need to cut wires to make the install.

I realize that different jurisdictions have different laws about who can run what, where, and why, but...the first question that springs to my mind is that if you have a legitimate need for such flashers, how come you don't have your agency's fleet shop advise you on such matters, and/or do the job for you?

adko701

Feed Provider
All members on are department allow red lights and flashers..The city takes no responsibility for injuries if you have them. The department says you are on your own for installs. I have always had them. Thanks for the help

methusaleh

All members on are department allow red lights and flashers..The city takes no responsibility for injuries if you have them. The department says you are on your own for installs. I have always had them. Thanks for the help

Damn, that stinks! Ask around on the department, somebody must be quite skilled with making the correct installations then...or have a connection in the area who can help you.

Usually it involves splicing into the headlight wiring harness, running wires to the relay box, mounting the flasher relay box under the hood, then running wires to a switch in the cabin. However I have also seen units where the relay(s) and switch are in a box mounted in the cabin, with just the wires leading under the hood.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Check your laws. These are illegal in most states. And what could you possibly use this for?
Late for work? Traffic stops? Pickup chicks? LOL

Sorry adko701. You didn't mention FF in your post and I saw a reference to "civilian".

I though you were another one of these weirdos that drive around in old cruisers and act like cops. :)

GrumpyGuard

Maybe one of the department installers would be willing to do the job on the side for a few bucks and a six pack of his/her favorite beverage.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Have you checked the Galls, SoundOff Signal, Able2 and Speedtech Lighting websites, to see if any of them offer a no-cut option for your car?

(Most of the Galls branded flasher equipment is made by SoundOff.)

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
Here is your answer from a professional upfitter. Not the Self appointed Install police.

No you can not use a plug and play flasher with a NON police pacakge Impala. The 9C1 and 9C3 have a different wiring harness than a standard Impala. The plug is in the grille on the pasenger side.

Yes you have to cut the wires to install a flasher on a standard Impala this is the one I use.

SoundOff Signal - Ground Side Switched DRL Compatible Headlight Flasher

Status
Not open for further replies.