2006 Impala Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScanWI

MN & WI DB Admin
Database Admin
Looks great very clean. Great job working around the center counsel.

motospectra98

The first setup was a Yeasu FT-8800. Second Setup was two FT-8800's (I like to monitor lots of things lol). Third setup was an FT-8800 and a Kenwood TK-7180 because if the killer scan functions.

@kc0wkp, Thank you! It was a pain!.

W2NJS

Those NR72BMO antennas are great units. I have two of them on the roof of my Outback, fed by an APX 7500 and an Icom 208, soon to be replaced by a 220 mHz Motorola CDM. You do good work.

W5JER

Very clean. I like it when people take their rime and do a good job instead of slapping equipment in their car and snapping pictures. Great job!

KK4LQX

Premium Subscriber
Your center console panel looks amazing! Did you have to modify the console at all for it? If you sold those i'd buy one in a heart beat. I'm installing a D170 & a V71 in my 2012 LTZ and this is perfect! Where did you mount your speakers and your transceivers?

Anon6083

Premium Subscriber
Interesting deck light choice; I thought it might be the newer deck version of the Feniex Pegasus but the sides of the flashguard are tapered where as the Pegasus' sides are squared.

motospectra98

I didn't modify the console one bit which was the great part. I just removed the little plastic insert that sat at the bottom of the opening. I may still have that console sitting around in the garage. Ill have to look so I can make up a how to on it.

The rear deck was a soundoff bar.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

motospectra98

For the Kenwood the speaker was but into the head. The 8800 speaker was mounted on the side of the transmission hump all the way forward on the ground. There is a small gap between the firewall and where the hump starts.

Radios were mounted on the under side of the rear deck along with a blue sea systems fuse/ground block. I powered up the block with a 4ga wire. It may seem like overkill but at one time I had a mobile repeater that I could drop in the trunk and drive up on a mass pipe.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
Those NR72BMO antennas are great units. I have two of them on the roof of my Outback, fed by an APX 7500 and an Icom 208, soon to be replaced by a 220 mHz Motorola CDM. You do good work.

Have those antennas gotten any better? I tried one about 20 years ago and it was JUNK, couldn't hit local repeaters or anything 8-( Right now I'm using the Comet SSB-2 and that is one great little dual band antenna!

Mike

Jimru

Premium Subscriber
If I didn't know better, I would have thought these were pictures of a professionally installed set-up for a police or fed squad car!!

Nicely done!

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Not bad at all! Impala's are notoriously cramped on space for gear, so you are in a special group to be able to "Git R Done!" with lots of room to spare.

Status
Not open for further replies.