2006 Nissan Altima

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrumpyGuard

Pictured is my '06 Altima, with a Yeasu FT7800R radio mounted in the trunk. I mounted it next to the left speaker because there is a large brass bolt, and I was able to stay with my wife’s wishes of not drilling any holes. I ran the power to the fuse block (don't flame on this) all reports are full quieting. There is no practical way of getting the power cable to the battery, as I can't find any openings in the fire wall. I am using a small dual band mag mount antenna Opek model: VUM-201 works well. I ran the separation kit wires up the passenger side of the car under the passenger seat and through the center consol, up the back side of the dash to the radio. I have a Pana Vise vehicle specific mount that I put my XM receiver, FT7800 head and the remote speaker on. The antenna for the XM radio is on the rear deck shelf between the collision avoidance light and the right side speaker. I get great reception and only lose signal when I go on subterranean freeways at the under pass. I get the same reception with this mounting location as I did when the antenna was on the roof of the car. I have a Radio Shack Pro97 scanner that I put in the cup holder on a mount that I made using Plaster of Paris a piece of flat metal stock and part of a universal mount that I could not use in the car. I hope I did not leave anything out.

Attachments

• IMG_0080.JPG
    IMG_0080.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 12,526
  • IMG_0081.JPG
    IMG_0081.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 4,580
  • IMG_0082.JPG
    IMG_0082.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 23,996

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Nice, clean, tight, and functional! The Altima is indeed a hard car to work with radio wise, helped a friend do an install of two scanners and a VHF Hi band.. my neck and shoulders are still hurting a month later...... LOL!

GrumpyGuard

The GPS is just laying on one of those non slip mats. I cut the mat in half and put the two sticky sides together. This was then layed on the door to the cubbie hole where the ashtray should be. It works for me and it only cost about $4 at Target.

rigreference

The 2nd picture took me a while to figure out :) I thought I was looking at the ceiling or something.
Nice setup...

EC-7

Those micro mag mounts work really well. The only problem Ive ever had is the magnets go bad after 2-3 years and rust out, and the coax is kinda fragile if pulled on, but for the cheap price and super low profile look, its worth it.

GrumpyGuard

I have had the antenna for about 3 years and so far it seems to be holding fine. I had to put shrink wrap on it to keep it from whistling at higher road speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.