2007 Ford F150

Status
Not open for further replies.

Res21cue

Feed Provider
BCT-15 Used to scan the Trunked System
Kenwood TK-7160 Used for the VHF System

The Console is a Havis Shield that was removed from an old police cruiser and cut in half. The end was sealed up with a piece of aluminum and the whole thing painted with black rocker guard. The faceplate was made out of aluminum aswell as you can tell by the not so even cuts... lol

2 NMO Mount antennas on the roof. Small one is an 800 Mhz that is used for the scanner and the VHF is at the back, got that from some outfit online.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 4,637
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 6,927
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 2,658

tampatracker

Looks good! Did you go to a junkyard to get access to the police cruiser? I'm wondering where I can find something similar. TT.

WX4EMT

Premium Subscriber
@Tampa I got mine on e-Bay for $50

@Res did you spray on or roll on the rocker panel coating? I am going to use some of that stuff and wanted your opinion.

KD0LDK

Looks great for homebrew! Keep an eye on eBay if you want some Havis faceplates at some point, they show up once in a blue moon. If you went that route you could probably squeeze one more component in there if you had the use for it.

RodStrong

That looks cool man. I think I might try to paint the screws black, but really, that is nice. Great job.

Status
Not open for further replies.