2007 Honda Civic

Status
Not open for further replies.

lexmedic157

Well I don't have that car any more, but the way I did it was to use Larsen trunk lip mounts. The cable was zip tied to the trunk arm and passed behind the trunk lining. From there it went toward the back seat and squeezed under the edge of the side panel to the floor. I did pop up the door kick plate and set into the track. Then it went all the way to the front and to the center of the dash. I definitely had enough cable length to get it all the way up there with some extra to spare. Lemme know if that answers your question.

NewSDScanner

Well I don't have that car any more, but the way I did it was to use Larsen trunk lip mounts. The cable was zip tied to the trunk arm and passed behind the trunk lining. From there it went toward the back seat and squeezed under the edge of the side panel to the floor. I did pop up the door kick plate and set into the track. Then it went all the way to the front and to the center of the dash. I definitely had enough cable length to get it all the way up there with some extra to spare. Lemme know if that answers your question.

I went to my car and I get what you're saying, thanks. I'm still not 100% clear on how to run the cable between the trunk and the car (I see the spot for it, but I don't know how to safely pull the cable all the way through). Is it ok to squeeze cable for extended lengths of time? I'll see if I can have my auto teacher show me tomorrow after class too.

lexmedic157

Pull out the back seat bottom, fold down the seat back. Clamp the antenna mount to the trunk lip. Feed the wire through the holes in the trunk frame to the trunk arm. Zip tie the wire to the arm and allow enough slack on the body side to the arm to allow the trunk to open and shut. Pop some of the trim retainers off to pull the liner out. Feed the cable up under the interior panel and go to the floor. Pop the kick plates up, and in the case of a four door loosen the B-post trim and feed the cable up to the front. Take the kick plate out under the dash and feed the cable up to where you want the end of the cable to terminate.Zip tie along the way and avoid pinching the wire when you reinstall the trim pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.