Not open for further replies.

lexmedic157

RS Pro-163
Motorola M1225

DSC00048.jpg

DSC00049.jpg

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
When I clicked on the link I was thinking "Oh God, another wacker, I gotta see this one."...BUT, I was surprised to see how clean and great it looks.

I just bought the same Larson tri-band. Are you happy with its performance? Does it do VHF lowband well.? (yeah, I know, wrong forum).

lexmedic157

VHF low band, like 6 meter? I was listening to a net last night and it seems to do pretty well except in between buildings (obviously). 2 meter it's great, still have yet to test on 800, but 70cm works well too.

lexmedic157

Anyone have a good way to get the mounts sit flatter on trunk lid? I've tried to bend the tab a little but was wondering if anyone had good results in getting more surface area touching the lid?

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
Nicest lip mount i've ever seen.

I've had these mounts on the wife's car for several years and they work fine. Just make sure the little set screws make good contact with bare metal where they attach on the bottom side of the trunk lid and put some sealant around them so that they won't rust out. I have them connected to a UHF Maxtrac and Uniden BC780XLT scanner. XYL loves to listen; can't convince her to get her ham license (yet).

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Nice clean install, nice job.

I have the same setup on my trunk except I used the Laird/Antennex trunk lip mounts. They are a little smaller than those. I mounted mine further apart to as to not kill the front end on the scanner with the uhf radio but it still does. The Larson tribander is a great performer on 800Mhz also.

lexmedic157

I took the advice of others and moved them out a bit. I have all the channels I receive/transmit off the UHF locked out in the scanner. I see no issues currently. Post up a pic of you antennae, I'm looking for a lo-pro dual band.

Last edited:

lexmedic157

It's got 35% tint on it! Can't go darker have a hard enough time backing into the dark driveway at night as it is!

NewSDScanner

Nice setup. I have a question for you. I have a 2008 Honda Civic and I'm trying to install an 800Mhz antenna with a RG58A/U cable. How can I neatly run the cable to my scanner which is at the front like yours? I am using a handheld though so it'll be easier but still I want to run the cable neat rather than just have cable dangling around in my car. I don't know how to remove body panels to get into the wiring. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.