2008/07/08 Low Band - Blantonl - From San Antonio, TX

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Very interesting band opening today for VHF Low.

All the standard MO, TN, NE Highway Patrol frequencies are open.

I caught the following Military Stuff today (I like to focus on Mil stuff)

40.35 Tower Frequency, multiple landing pads, ATC helo operations. Tower then announced closed for operations. I've logged this frequency many time before with same operations, but never ID'd. Because of the band opening maybe Ft Campbell TN?

34.30 Tower Freq "ID'd as Tower" but a little more informal. Tower told TANGO-1 to load weapons data, point weapons down the range, and call him on the Range Freq. I then heard the same guy on the 36.60 loud and clear - so that must be the range freq.

38.90 Fort Irwin Range Control. Gave the time as 0822 hours (when it was 1022 hours here) so this is pretty certain to be Fort Irwin.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
more on this.

It appears that 36.6 is indeed the range frequency, with Tango Units being told to "turn on their antennas" and "arm weapons" etc. This freq is called the "Range Frequency"

Frequency 34.3 is called the "Admin" frequency. Now that I hear them it appears they might be in tanks "with references to drivers etc"

Any ideas on who this might be? Might again be Ft Campbell.

techsender

Into Minnesota as well

Lo Band opened up early in Minnesota. Snotel was open so much I had to lock it out.
KQ2H 29.62 is still up from New York
33.90 Dispatch in here all day so far as well.
Still listening for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.