Status
Not open for further replies.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Also please check out the VIPER database listing as I have
added a couple of NC/SC Interop talkgroups Just below the systemwide
talkgroup group.

I know that SC EMD does weekly radio checks at 3am on the Palmetto 800 Regional Govt talkgroups, and someone has said that NC SHP participates in the radio check in bordering regions. I've never been up that late to hear the radio checks first hand.

I wonder if those talkgroups are permanent patches to Palmetto 800 or if they have consoles programmed for both systems on each side of the border.

I'll certainly listen out, but I'm waiting/hoping for the addional tower site in Polk Co. to come online for better reception/coverage in Spartanburg.

qball

Premium Subscriber
I know that SC EMD does weekly radio checks at 3am on the Palmetto 800 Regional Govt talkgroups, and someone has said that NC SHP participates in the radio check in bordering regions. I've never been up that late to hear the radio checks first hand.

I wonder if those talkgroups are permanent patches to Palmetto 800 or if they have consoles programmed for both systems on each side of the border.

I'll certainly listen out, but I'm waiting/hoping for the addional tower site in Polk Co. to come online for better reception/coverage in Spartanburg.

Brian,

As I understand it, the NCHP is not patched to the Palmetto system so much as that they have radios on the RMA (regional mutual aid) talk groups on the Palmetto system. The radio tests are done by the SCHP and I think they are daily.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Thanks for the clarification. I wonder if SCHP posts have the NC SHP talkgroups in their consoles, probaby so.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Talkgroup 37168 active on several of the C92D sites near the SC border.

Anyone have any idea what agency might be using that talkgroup? Sounds like LE traffic.

Finally tracked it down: 37168= MCDOWELLSO (Mcdowell County Sheriff)
Marshall KE4ZNR

KM4WLV

TG 59440 (VIPRMEDTG149) active on the Faith site this afternoon. Heard a test count, and the person doing the test count identified it as "Mission Hospital". Does anyone know where this is? He made the comment there were 4 sites that the radio would roam on easily, though he didn't reference which ones. And it was a confirmed Digital TG.

afdengine3

Is anyone using a Pro-97 to monitor analog VIPER? I just picked one up and was curious if rebanding has affected it.
Thanks,
Chris

Last edited:

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Is anyone using a Pro-97 to monitor analog VIPER? I just picked one up and was curious if rebanding has affected it.
Thanks,
Chris

Hey Chris,
The pro97 will work for now on VIPER. But Radio Shack has said it will not offer any updates for the Pro97 to make it be able to handle rebanded systems (such as VIPER).
Sorry I could not give you more positive news!
Marshall KE4ZNR

kd8x

Finally tracked it down: 37168= MCDOWELLSO (Mcdowell County Sheriff)
Marshall KE4ZNR

Anybody happen to know anythng about talk group 80...
I am getting it off the mecklenburg (HEATH) site and it is definately Police activity...

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Anybody happen to know anythng about talk group 80...
I am getting it off the mecklenburg (HEATH) site and it is definately Police activity...

Don't show anything for 80...my current database Jumps from 16 (system test) to 528 (SHPTRPAMAID) with nothing between those two.
Double check everything and make sure it is not the Char/Meck system with Belmont PD Dispatch (Gaston). That talkgroup would match up and it is easy to confuse sites/CCs sometimes.
I am pretty sure I would have it here if 80 was on VIPER.
Marshall KE4ZNR

Flatshovel

Setting up Multisite on Viper

Hello,
I have a PSR500 and would like to setup my radio to use the multisite feature to track the conversations from tower to tower. I setup my radio with the trunking information with the closest tower and only programmed the control channels for it. I set it up for multisite and was thinking that if i roamed outside of the coverage area (which I do) than the radio would search for a new CC and use that. The radio just sits there with no signal like it is still trying to search for that one tower. What do I need to do to get the radio to roam on each tower that is in different locations? If this is in the wrong section please move accordingly?

Thanks,
Joey

kd8x

Cabarrus County Heard on Viper

wrong thread

Last edited:

kd8x

Cabarrus County heard on VIPER

New talkgroups heard today in Cabarrus County

22704 === Cabarrus County Sheriff Office Dispatch
22736 === Cabarrus County EMS Dispatch.

Still listening for more.....
kd8x

kd8x

Cabarrus County heard on VIPER

another talkgroup to add to heard list in Cabarrus.

19056 === Northeast Hospital Concord, NC

kd8x

Don't show anything for 80...my current database Jumps from 16 (system test) to 528 (SHPTRPAMAID) with nothing between those two.
Double check everything and make sure it is not the Char/Meck system with Belmont PD Dispatch (Gaston). That talkgroup would match up and it is easy to confuse sites/CCs sometimes.
I am pretty sure I would have it here if 80 was on VIPER.
Marshall KE4ZNR

Im sure it is on Viper because that is the only system I have set up for Wildcard on my GRE 600....Also I have seen talkgroup 48 ....They are on the HEATH site 868.6875 site #214......

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
New talkgroups heard today in Cabarrus County

22704 === Cabarrus County Sheriff Office Dispatch
22736 === Cabarrus County EMS Dispatch.

Still listening for more.....
kd8x

All current Cabarrus County talkgroups have been added to the database.
Thanks for letting me know they are active!
Marshall KE4ZNR

Status
Not open for further replies.