2008 Ford Ranger Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

APEXNext

Premium Subscriber
Here are some of my 2008 Ford Ranger setup. I have an Icom Mark 2 G radio with a Little Tarhel 2 Antenna with a Turbo Tuner. Also I have is a Bearcat 780 KLT. Both radios are with remote heads on them. The Icom is mounted in the back of the truck which I removed one of the jump seats the mount the wiring and radio. The scanner is mounted under the seat of the passenger side of the truck. Here is some pics of my set up...Enjoy

Attachments

• 1424A.JPG
    1424A.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 2,355
  • 1430a.JPG
    1430a.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 2,837
  • 1431a.JPG
    1431a.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 5,182
  • 1440a.JPG
    1440a.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 3,161
  • 1446a.JPG
    1446a.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 2,502

jon_k

Nice HF rig.

What type of HF antenna?

Further, what did you use for the head unit mounts? It's the bendable stick connected to the passenger seat. Can I get a link to the page? I got a good one from HAMCOM but wanted to get another. The one I got at HamCom I paid 30 bucks for.

APEXNext

Premium Subscriber
Thanks it took me a few weeks to get all the wiring done and stuff but i think it was worth it.jon k the web site i got the mount from is call lidomounts. I had to drill to holes on the mount for the radio head to fit but that is what it said to do on the web site. Here is a link to the web site for you.Also the HF ant. is just one that i got a the ham store sorry i for got the name of it..
http://www.lidomounts.com/page/page/1478713.htm

jon_k

Thanks it took me a few weeks to get all the wiring done and stuff but i think it was worth it.jon k the web site i got the mount from is call lidomounts. I had to drill to holes on the mount for the radio head to fit but that is what it said to do on the web site. Here is a link to the web site for you.Also the HF ant. is just one that i got a the ham store sorry i for got the name of it..
http://www.lidomounts.com/page/page/1478713.htm

THANKS THANKS THANKS for the info.

Lido is the same people who I got the mount from at hamcom. I paid like 15 bucks for it. I took a business card from them but I lost all the business cards I took that day.

Everyone suggests RAM-MOUNT but those things are like $110 a piece and really it's just a rip.

Will be bookmarking the lido mount page. Thanks!

bee

I think, that is what I been looking for. Is that the LM-300 from "Lidomounts"? If it is, I will order one!

Thanks

fireradio

Awesome

I've been looking for a way to mount some extra equipment without a lot of hassle in my '04 Ranger, and I think that Lido mount will do the trick. Thanks for sharing!

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Does anyone else love the fact they are using a damaged radio to advertise their product? :D

LM-300_Ham.jpg

http://www.lidomounts.com/catalog/item/1478816/4979410.htm#image_1

Everyone suggests RAM-MOUNT but those things are like $110 a piece and really it's just a rip.

No, you do not have to spend $110 a piece for a ram mount and no, it is not a "rip".

If you want quality and extreme flexibility of mounting hardware, you can pay the price and do it right and never regret it. You can also mount something entirely new while just having to replace one small mounting piece and not the entire system.

Being able to remove/switch items in less than one minute it very nice too.

Last edited:

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Anyone have any negitive comments, about this mount?

It's not made of candy :D

But really, I don't have one but for the price it sure looks like a workable solution for many. While some are willing to tear apart their car to install something, an easy install means the difference of having something installed, or something sitting on the shelf. For those, I say anything to make it quick and easy is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.