2008 PPV Tahoe

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveh552

Nice Tahoe. I cannot wait to see the build. May want to take measurements and if you are inclined try making your own console. I will be in Memphis this summer a couple times. Oh, and with Memphis temps I hope the AC works in it.

bnoland

Premium Subscriber
Nice Tahoe. I cannot wait to see the build. May want to take measurements and if you are inclined try making your own console. I will be in Memphis this summer a couple times. Oh, and with Memphis temps I hope the AC works in it.

I dont think I will make my own, to many clean options already availble for me to spend as much time as that would take. It should work though I probably wont be able to test it since it is pretty cold in Chicago right now.

Tracker

Yea, Nasty stuff ends up in the back of some patrol vehicles. Been there far to many times. Thankfully I am not in patrol now.

I dont know since I dont know the department it came from but seeing as they use tahoes I would assume they are a decent size department and if that assumption is correct then I would also assume they would meet all needed certifications. I am not familure with the CALIA cert.. what is that?

Sorry, I spelled it incorrectly, it shoulda been CAL"E"A....ma bad
Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies
CALEA® | The Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies, Inc.

Miami PD lost their accreditation for 1 year in the mid 90's for their patrol vehicle fleets condition, (no hub caps, no intersection clearin front n rear corner strobes, overhead mounted siren instead of in the grill +++), to their credit, they were transitioning from pool cars to a take home vehicle program n were without their accreditation for less than a year, (like 7 months)!

Last edited:

bnoland

Premium Subscriber
Sorry, I spelled it incorrectly, it shoulda been CAL"E"A....ma bad
Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies

Miami PD lost their accreditation for 1 year in the mid 90's for their patrol vehicle fleets condition, (no hub caps, no intersection clearin front n rear corner strobes, overhead mounted siren instead of in the grill +++), to their credit, they were transitioning from pool cars to take home a vehicle program n were without their accreditation for less than a year, (like 7 months)!

Ohh, ok yea.. I know about that one. My department just went through theirs again a couple months ago. I dont know if the department this one came from did or not but it looks way cleaner than any vehicle I have ever driven for my department and all the cars (15+) I have driven that have come from this dealer have been great.

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
I am not familure with the CALIA cert.. what is that?

I'm a retired LEO, and our agency did NOT certify with CALEA. Here's the link:

To me, it's kind of joke, but don't say that to agencies that get re-certified and have to jump through hoop's.

Another thought - With my Jotto Desk Lazy-L, I love the right-arm rest. I suggest putting the cup holders as the last item at the bottom of the console, so that rear-seat passengers and you can both use them, plus having them up to the top they can spill the beverage contents easier, just setting the cup in, and taking the cup out of the holder(s). I'll see if I can locate a photo of the cup holders and arm rest and will post subsequent to this response.

Last edited:

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
Cup Holders & Arm Rest Photos

I forgot to attach them in my last response!

I am so happy I have the cup holders & arm rest. You don't think about that stuff when planning out radios and controls, but an alert installer "reminded me" when he built the system back in 2007. Each time I get in the car, I thank his lucky stars for these convenience items.

Attachments

• IMG_0037.JPG
    IMG_0037.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 1,766
Last edited:

bnoland

Premium Subscriber
I'm a retired LEO, and our agency did NOT certify with CALEA. Here's the link:

To me, it's kind of joke, but don't say that to agencies that get re-certified and have to jump through hoop's.

Another thought - With my Jotto Desk Lazy-L, I love the right-arm rest. I suggest putting the cup holders as the last item at the bottom of the console, so that rear-seat passengers and you can both use them, plus having them up to the top they can spill the beverage contents easier, just setting the cup in, and taking the cup out of the holder(s). I'll see if I can locate a photo of the cup holders and arm rest and will post subsequent to this response.

That is probably a good idea on the cup holders. I may even get an addition cup holder that attaches to the rear of it for rear seat use. Not 100% on what I want to do still.

Just saw the pics, that looks like the way to go.

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
Let me mention that a lot of thought went into my install. Having a pro do the work helps considerably, especially if you're a "senior citizen," and don't have the faculties that you had earlier. I can no longer crawl into car trunks, hang underneath the dashboard, and slump over the hood or trunk like I used to.

If you're a good do-it-yourselfer, then go for "the whole ball game." The sense of accomplishment will make it work out even better when you show it off to fellow RR subscribers, local, and even distant friends. Pictures, pictures, pictures of before, during, and after your install. You and many other RR members will appreciate it! They say a picture is worth 1000 words!

I wanted to say that having RR made a big difference in what I wanted in the design. The collective membership of RR contributors left a large impression in how I set the vehicle up.

I have no current intentions on disposing of this CVPI POV, although being a 2001, I've been "nickel and diming" myself with various maintenance issues. I have actually three techs who care for my car. The professional install tech that did the console, radios, antennas, and wiring. A mechanic who does my "mechanical" work such as engine issues, brakes, emissions, etc. Finally, a body and fender guy who helps me with various maintenance of the appearance of the vehicle, and some of the striping, emblems, and other customization.

I can't thank RR members enough for everything they do, posting pictures and comments for everyone's' benefit. It really DOES make a difference, guys and gals!

bnoland

Premium Subscriber
Let me mention that a lot of thought went into my install. Having a pro do the work helps considerably, especially if you're a "senior citizen," and don't have the faculties that you had earlier. I can no longer crawl into car trunks, hang underneath the dashboard, and slump over the hood or trunk like I used to.

If you're a good do-it-yourselfer, then go for "the whole ball game." The sense of accomplishment will make it work out even better when you show it off to fellow RR subscribers, local, and even distant friends. Pictures, pictures, pictures of before, during, and after your install. You and many other RR members will appreciate it! They say a picture is worth 1000 words!

I wanted to say that having RR made a big difference in what I wanted in the design. The collective membership of RR contributors left a large impression in how I set the vehicle up.

I have no current intentions on disposing of this CVPI POV, although being a 2001, I've been "nickel and diming" myself with various maintenance issues. I have actually three techs who care for my car. The professional install tech that did the console, radios, antennas, and wiring. A mechanic who does my "mechanical" work such as engine issues, brakes, emissions, etc. Finally, a body and fender guy who helps me with various maintenance of the appearance of the vehicle, and some of the striping, emblems, and other customization.

I can't thank RR members enough for everything they do, posting pictures and comments for everyone's' benefit. It really DOES make a difference, guys and gals!

I will be doing it myself. I am pretty good with that stuff and a buddy of mine used to be an installer for fleet safety. Lots of pictures too as I know how much I like to see pictures so I will do for everyone else as I want to see.

bnoland

Premium Subscriber
Well, I got it home yesterday! I have a couple tires to replace so that is going to suck up some funds up but it will be getting equipment sooner than later. I will get some interior shots later.

6ccbceb7-a6f7-ea73.jpg

bnoland

Premium Subscriber
No need for an a/t type tire on this and I want to keep the OE size tire. Thanks though

Last edited:

N467RX

Panama DB Admin
Database Admin
No need for an a/t type tire on this and I want to keep the OE size tire. Thanks though

I believe you're stuck with the Eagle RS-A (PPV OEM's), as the OE size (265/60/17) seems to be a very odd size. The RS-A's in that size are rated for the PPV speeds though.

If you want something else then you might need to upsize to 265/65/17 or 265/70/17 (OE size for the SSV and civilian versions).

Tracker

Hankook

The Premium Highway All-Season Dynapro HT provides drivers of Light Truck, Vans and Sport Utility Vehicles improved snow traction, low rolling resistance and longer treadwear. A high stiffness center block offers enhanced steering response while a wide, computer generated tread enables better mileage, less noise and excellent grip.

P265/65R17T 110 T 8.0 7.5-9.5 30.6 11.1 8.3 13.0 679 DSB 35 2,337

Status
Not open for further replies.