Status
Not open for further replies.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col

radioprescott

Premium Subscriber
Noticed a typo?

When I looked at the lisintgs for Arizona noticed the following:

page 221 71.32 Unit Frequencies lists Prescott Dispatch "Primary Air-Ground" as 166.675
Page 217 71.2 Frequency Management Air Tactics Frequesncies lsists lists Prescott Dispatch "Primary Air-Ground as 166.975

Which one is correct?

SCPD

QRT
The list on page 217 shows Show Low with a primary air to ground of 166.675 but on page 221 it lists 171.1375 as their primary air to ground. When I looked at page 217 only, I figured 166.975 had to be used to avoid a conflict with aircraft in the White Mountain zone, which Show Low dispatches for. But when I look at page 221 also and see that Show Low is using 171.1375 and that no conflict between Prescott and Show Low exists I would tend to think the air to ground for Prescott is supposed to be 166.675, which is the NIFC "Air Tactics 1" frequency. 166.975 is the repeater input frequency for the well used 166.375/166.975 repeater pair the Interior Department uses all over the west and it would not make sense for this frequency to be assigned to Prescott Dispatch, especially since this is one of the rare dispatch centers that is not interagency. That is, it does not dispatch for any federal agencies except the Prescott National Forest, so why would an Interior Dept. frequency be assigned to them?

In any case let's not write them and tell them of the two discrepancies in their listing. It might bring about a realization that their frequency listings are available to the public, something Washington policy prohibits. If that happens they might pull the list off the Internet.

radioprescott

Premium Subscriber
I didn't notice the Show Low conlfict - not over there enough to monitor I guess.

I second the motion about not alerting them!

I notice that SoCal also lists some freqs in their Mob Guide, though not as much as before.

radioprescott

Premium Subscriber
P25 in East Valley on Flagstaff A/G

Here's another intersting observation:

While in the area of US60 and Gold Canyon Thursday, I heard some comms on 171.575 in P25 clear regarding reporting a vehicle accident on surface streets in the east valley. Sounded like a repeater to me.

SWA Mob Guide has 171.575 listed ad ***staff Air/Ground.

radioprescott

Premium Subscriber
Sorry about the typos!

I just noticed that I need to move the keys around on my keyboard since they appaeranlty are not where my fingers think they should be...

Status
Not open for further replies.