2009 Honda Civic Coupe

Status
Not open for further replies.

glennwsb

Like most of you I have a lot of electronics..
I love my HP1..and now I can reach and read it without taking my eyes completely off the road.
Pardon the glare from the flash.. I never have had glare be a big issue on the road.

I covered a 1x3 in black automotive carpet then mounted all the brackets mounts to it.
The HP1 bracket is from Scanner master.. not the greatest but nothing some JB Weld could not fix.
The HP1 sits almost up against the dash. The 1 x 3 is mounted with two screws through the top edges of the console (one on ether side of the little storage well. It's very solid! I bought an aftermarket 3 plug adapter, cut the plug off and hard wired it to the fuse box. I also added an inline fuse, this all sits in the glove box with all the wires. Then I hide all the other wires!
The scanner, GPS puck and the GPS are powered off that. When I want to use GPS on the scanner I plug it in and put the puck on the dash ( I added some non slip material to the bottom of the puck so stays put). The Honda radio has an input jack low on the dash so I play the scanner through the car stereo.
I have to watch the volume sometimes with widows down!

The XM plugs in the dash power receptacle and right now plays through the FM

I had a BCT15 mounted flat ( face up) on the dash to the left of the wheel. It made it hard to get in without banging my knee! Then I mounted the HP1 where the XM radio is now... I could not reach it without looking below the dash.
Except for the lack of an easy lock out key I now love the HP1 in the car.
Once you set up the systems along the route I never really mess with it! Let the GPs do that!

Attachments

• DSCN1457 (800x600).jpg
    DSCN1457 (800x600).jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 643
Last edited:

glennwsb

It's a NMO mount Comtelco all band.. It sits just far enough back on the trunk to fully open the trunk.
At the standard 17" height its about 3-4" above the roof. I had a few types of antennas on my last
Van and I really like these except for it not great for the analog CHP freqs out here over long distances.
The car is black.. so its not super noticeable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.