2009 Jetta and BCD436HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

tknepp32

Database Administrator
Database Admin
Photos of my 2009 Volkswagen Jetta TDI with BCD436HP installation. Also have a Garmin GPS attached and 1/4 wave VHF glass mount antenna on the windshield. Both the GPS and scanner are wired hot and I installed a kill switch below the dash.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 4,836
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 4,583
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 3,145
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 2,894
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 2,614

russellmaher

KC1ANC
That looks good Tim.

How did you secure the scanner bracket where it enters the seam next to the radio?

Or is it just a press fit into the seam?

Anyway, how do you like the performance, and is it what you expected or more?

Russell

tknepp32

Database Administrator
Database Admin
The bracket is a panavise bracket. It is a specific fit for the car. It shares screwed under the trim with the radio and the climate control.

Last edited:

tknepp32

Database Administrator
Database Admin
And as far as the performance. I started with a BCD396XT when I got the car and then switched to a HomePatrol and just switched out to the BCD436HP. This is by far the best scanner I have had in the car so far. Simulcast decode is awesome compared to the other two and now I can pick up the Phase 2 system in my work area. GPS is awesome for the amount of driving that I do.

tknepp32

Database Administrator
Database Admin
Thank you. It has done very well and surprisingly it is doing well for reception for all bands. I mostly monitor low band, UHF and 800.

dmg1969

Nice install tknepp! Neat and tidy.

recon, go here. Toward the top, you will see any area to put in the make. It will then have several for Corolla based on the year. I looked at one for my HP-1 in my Tucson, but opted for a dash mounted RAM mount. PanaVise Products, Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.