2010 Chrysler Town & Country - Installation/Revision/Updates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KM4WLV

It wasn't so long ago I posted an update for my van when I removed the factory console and replaced it with a older Havis console (Pretty sure that's who made these). 99.999999% of the time these days when I respond to calls I always go POV and open cases/file reports from the scene and trying to work with my laptop in my lap wasn't the easiest thing to do. I ran down a Jotto Desk universal dock, swing arm, and stalk with pedistool. If you saw the last update you'll notice I changed how the mics are attached. I took a piece of flat aluminum, sprayed it black, & and "sandwiched" it between 2 mic clips. It works really well, and keeps them out of the way but accessible. To save the questions, here's a quick run down of what's installed, use, etc. ***Also, moving forward this is where I will post updates and changes rather than continue to create new threads***

Installed:
1 - Motorola Syntor A9 - VHF Highband (Used for Red Cross, Amateur, etc)
1 - Motorola Syntor A9 - VHF Lowband (Used for Red Cross, Emergency Mgt, and to monitor NCSHP)
1 - Midland Syntech 8 Channel - VHF Highband (VHF Backup)
1 - LG G Pad 7.0 Android Tablet (Used for hot spot, GPS/mapping, Active911 Call Response)

My apologies, I know these aren't the best quality pics. I took them with my iPhone a little bit ago. I'll get better ones tomorrow while it's daylight. One is with the interior light on, and one without for a "night shot" though it didn't turn out great. As always thanks for looking and feedback welcomed!!!

Interior Lights On:

"Night Shot":

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
Very nice. Makes a good case for buying a mini-van:)

bharvey2

That's a nice looking install. Funny, at first glance I thought there was a 5-point harness in the passenger seat. What do you do for the Red Cross? My son is a Red Cross trainer, teaching at colleges, high schools and other venues. His "students" are usually life guards and such although I don't think he's limited to them.

KM4WLV

That's a nice looking install. Funny, at first glance I thought there was a 5-point harness in the passenger seat. What do you do for the Red Cross? My son is a Red Cross trainer, teaching at colleges, high schools and other venues. His "students" are usually life guards and such although I don't think he's limited to them.

Thanks for the compliment. Yeah, the thing in the passenger seat is my leather radio strap and holster. Hangs there for easy access.

Red Cross......... I'm the Disaster Action Team Chief (aka DAT Coordinator) for my county, managing our 4 response teams that respond to the normal disasters such as home fires, natural disasters, etc. Also, I respond not only on a local level here but on a regional/statewide and national level. I went to Houston TX last June for the massive flooding, tornadoes, and all that. This year I've been to West Virginia for flooding, South Carolina for flooding, and eastern NC after Hurricane Matthew. This time of year I tend to stay closer to home though because we're getting into what we call "home fire season" because of the transition to cold weather.

bharvey2

It sounds like your "dance card" is pretty full. Are you close enough to have to contend with the fires in TN?

I didn't realize the Red Cross mobilized as much as they do. Although I have seen Red Cross hospital ships in the SF Bay Area as their are a number of ports here. I worked next to one for a while when we were do work at one of the ports in San Francisco. They're quite impressive.

KM4WLV

It sounds like your "dance card" is pretty full. Are you close enough to have to contend with the fires in TN?

I didn't realize the Red Cross mobilized as much as they do. Although I have seen Red Cross hospital ships in the SF Bay Area as their are a number of ports here. I worked next to one for a while when we were do work at one of the ports in San Francisco. They're quite impressive.

With things like the fires in TN, as well as the ones we had here in NC when it's needed we establish what's known as a DRO (Disaster Response Operation). Once that is established they do a needs assessment to see what is going to be needed during the operation such as shelters, feeding, casework, etc. After the needs are established then they send the information to what we call our DRAFT team who see what's needed and start doing call downs of volunteers. We have a system called Volunteer Connection which is our agency wide personnel database & in that system the DRAFT team personnel can see who's qualified for what and the jobs people do and if that person has indicated in their profile they are available to deploy (we can keep our availability updated 3 months at a time). We also have three responder levels, Local, Regional, and National. Red Cross mobilizes a lot, especially on major disasters. A lot of times, and this is on a county by county basis, our different offices a lot of times will step "outside the box" and go over and beyond our normal duties. An example based on my office: When there is a structure fire in our county we respond as normal to assist if it's residential fire. But one thing we do, and it's actually established in our county response protocol, is when a fire whether it's a residential or commercial reaches a 3rd alarm upgrade we're dispatched to bring rehab (food/drinks) to the scene for the personnel working the incident.

On the note of the ship......... Those aren't owned or ran by the Red Cross. Those are part of the USN fleet. I believe we may have volunteers on them but those aren't actually Red Cross assets.

Status
Not open for further replies.