• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

2010 CRV Install Wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

VNR5338

Does anyone know if there is an access hole [under the dash] in the Honda CRV. Normally I can find a covered hole or gromet under the dash somewhere that can be removed to run wiring from the engine compartment into the main cabin. But in this case I didn't find any. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

jim202

Why would you want to remove the grommet to run any wires? Just drill a hole and use the grommet
to seal it for you. Make sure the hole you drill is not too large for the wire.

There is always a grommet for the emergency brake cable. Normally there are some spare
grommets in most vehicles. Your model I have never done an install on so can't be sure.

Jim

Does anyone know if there is an access hole [under the dash] in the Honda CRV. Normally I can find a covered hole or gromet under the dash somewhere that can be removed to run wiring from the engine compartment into the main cabin. But in this case I didn't find any. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
I second Jim. If there is not a spare grommet you can find, use a feed through for something already there. Brake cables, wiring harness, steering etc. Here's what I do. Stay away from the small thick ones. Find a larger one. Poke at it and see feels like could be easily punctured with an awl or something. Then get a stiff wire (coat hanger or welding rod), sharpen the end to a point and tape the wire to it with black tape. Nice clean tight wraps. Poke the wire through the rubber. Before you go around to pull it through, lube the tape wrap and wire. I use simple green 'cuz it's always on the truck. When you pull it will go through the rubber like butter and the hole will be the smallest and mostly self-sealing.

JStemann

Premium Subscriber
I had an '08 crv. They are not very friendly for running wires/cables through. The '08 had the parking brake cable running under the vehicle, didn't go through the firewall. The firewall is next to impossible to get to, let alone run wires or cables. I don't know how much has changed between '08 and '10. On mine I had to route the power through a plug on the inside of the door jamb, near where the factory wiring goes. I think there was a plastic cover near the windshield and fender that I popped loose to get the power into the engine bay.

For my antennas, I went out the back, running the cables under the molding. I cut the weather stripping the resealed with clear RTV.

jeff.

Status
Not open for further replies.