2010 Dodge Ram 1500

Status
Not open for further replies.

DinoVelvet

Premium Subscriber
Took some quick pics with the phone. I'll take some better quality pics with my camera and will post them this weekend.

I installed a Uniden 996T (Hidden) and a Uniden Radio Head that you see in the pictures. The scanner is wired directly into a Mygig Lockpic. The audio from the scanner comes out crystal clear through the stereo system.

The antenna is a Laird Phantom Elite on a Laird NMO mount.

All wires are hidden. I hate exposed wires. I like a clean factory look.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 1,699
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 1,883
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 1,573

jimg

Premium Subscriber
Took some quick pics with the phone. I'll take some better quality pics with my camera and will post them this weekend.

I installed a Uniden 996T (Hidden) and a Uniden Radio Head that you see in the pictures. The scanner is wired directly into a Mygig Lockpic. The audio from the scanner comes out crystal clear through the stereo system.

The antenna is a Laird Phantom Elite on a Laird NMO mount.

All wires are hidden. I hate exposed wires. I like a clean factory look.

Is the "Uniden Radio Head" a RH-96 or what?

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
Looks good and sharp.How good does that antenna work?

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
Nice! Wasn't it nice of the manufacturer to put that little spot right there for the RH96 to go into? I wish Hyuandai and Kia would do it too!

Mike

DinoVelvet

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the nice comments everyone. I'll be posting more this weekend.

Jimg - Yes the Radio Head is a RH-96. Is there another Uniden Radio Head I don't know about? I've only found one. If you know of another I'd like to learn about it.

WatnNY - I couldn't decide where I was going to install my PRO-197. I gave up on it and decided to buy the Uniden equipment because I knew the RH would fit perfect in the extra tray. Love the RH but don't like the 996T as much as my PRO-197.

Rt169Radio - The antenna works great with my PRO-197 but just okay with my 996T. I need to do some more reading on how to properly program the 996T. I think that may be the reason why its just operating okay.

b7spectra - DC in CO

Status
Not open for further replies.