2010 Ford Explorer recent job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice work,all them killer bee stingers look great,nice aggressive look!
interior is very clean,,almost catalog-esque!

what you DO need is some cleaner,more official/style-ized door logo's-decals...
if i still lived in dorchester id offer to set you up,n install for Free man,,for the
portfolio pics alone!.

that,for Me would cinch it..but still great looking setup-install!

My thoughts exactly, to many antennas, to many holes in the roof that much more of a chance for a leak when it rains.

ive never had an NMO leak,clean flat metal,a lil silicon applied to the O-Ring twist down
and presto...
a little dino based oil also helps(but not to be used with silicon),with keeping the O-Rings
soft longer,gives a real high resistance to dry rot..and creates a natural oil buffer to fight water
creepage..and will also aide in corrosion resistance where paint may be compromised..

antennas are like installing sunroofs,do it right n it Lasts!

Last edited:

russellmaher

KC1ANC
Beautiful job!

Some of us find an antenna farm like you put up there really sexy! It's takes a vehicle like that one to pull that off (Explorers, Expeditions, Trailblazers, Yukons, Sierras, etc.) It just wouldn't be as effective a look if tried on a Accord, Sonata, Malibu, etc.

Just wondering how you're able to concentrate on the driving as your giving some attention to the bank of radios.....Be careful!

Impressive!

Russell

nzoliver

You guys are sooooo lucky!

Nearly all of our Emcoms are P25 now - that's no problem. The problem lies with the 3 layer encryption!! It is more secure than your credit card data!!!

So sad ;(

Oliver

nightteamnews

can you post a picture of the front console again. But from the side. I have a 08 magnum, and it has the center gear shift, i noticed in the pictures for the explorer that it has the center gear shift. So wanted to see how you did that set up. Would like to do the same type thing for the magnum, which is used for news as well.

Right now I just have handhelds hanging everywhere. ;) want to clean it up

Status
Not open for further replies.