2010 Ford F150 Updated Radios

TrevorMollenbeck

Premium Subscriber
I have added a Motorola APX8500 to my truck. Iowa is going on a new statewide 700 MHz system and I am going to get this connected to the system for interop purposes since I am on my local fire department. I have been using it on the VHF and UHF for now and it is working great. I am amazed with how the all band antenna it came with performs as well. I especially like the magnetic mic clip. I had to relocate the antenna for the CM300d to the fender so I could have the antenna for the APX on top of the cab.

Attachments

kb2ztx

Premium Subscriber

TrevorMollenbeck

Premium Subscriber

Token

Premium Subscriber
I have added a Motorola APX8500 to my truck. Iowa is going on a new statewide 700 MHz system and I am going to get this connected to the system for interop purposes since I am on my local fire department. I have been using it on the VHF and UHF for now and it is working great. I am amazed with how the all band antenna it came with performs as well. I especially like the magnetic mic clip. I had to relocate the antenna for the CM300d to the fender so I could have the antenna for the APX on top of the cab.
For the center of dash mount, take a look at the Builtright Industries Dash Mount, it really does a nice job. https://www.builtrightind.com/products/builtright-industries-dash-mount-2015-ford-f-150

It is what I used for mine and I am very pleased with the results.

T!