2010 Hyundai Santa Fe

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorkphotog

Premium Subscriber
I'll post more pics as time goes on, but here are a few to get started.

It's a TV news vehicle.

Attachments

• IMG_7648.jpg
    IMG_7648.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 23,342
  • IMG_7647.jpg
    IMG_7647.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 18,767
  • IMG_7645.jpg
    IMG_7645.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 14,503
  • IMG_7652.jpg
    IMG_7652.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 12,594

yorkphotog

Premium Subscriber
Thanks! There is still some work to be done, but I'm pretty happy.

There (will be) a total of 9 mounted radios and 4 portables. There are currently 8 mounted radios, one is still being programmed.

3x Uniden 996XT's (one being the remote head on the dash)
2x Uniden 996's
2x Moto Spectra (800Mhz)
1x Moto Maxtrac (hidden under seat -- this one constantly scans the same thing, so I don't need access to it)

RADIOGUY2002

It's a 2011 right with the console head removed. I think you just open my eyes to what I'm going to do now. I like to see the antenna placement as well. Overall you can beat the gas milage and the interior space for the price. It will help by telling me where the roof riverts are so I know what to avoid when I drill my holes. Also, where did you purchase the light at?

Last edited:

yorkphotog

Premium Subscriber
Ryan -- it is a 2010, but the 2011 will apparently be identical; it won't be released until spring of 2011 though. Great truck.

I will try to post more pics tonight (including antennas).

The map light is from sirennet.com (great store!). There are several different models available, but here is a link to one of them: SIRENNET.COM - Littlite 12" Gooseneck Map Light L-9/12-HLK-EW

Amazingly, there are only 3 antennas on the vehicle. Two are drilled in the roof and one is glass mounted. One of the roof antennas goes into an 8 port Stridsberg powered multicoupler which works VERY well. I had it in my old Santa Fe and it never failed me. The other roof mount antenna will be going to a VHF MCS2000 which isn't installed yet. The glass mount is used with an 800Mhz MaxTrac, which also seems to work surprisingly well.

More to come...

RADIOGUY2002

Dimensions

What are the interior dimensions of the console, I'm tring to plan it out in my head so that way I can move forward with my car purchase, that I've been holding off on.

yorkphotog

Premium Subscriber
I have no idea what the interior dimensions of the console are. To get the Uniden's to fit nicely, we removed the outer shell from the radios and the faceplate sits on top of the console. We had to dremel out the inside of the console so that the radios would fit.

Are you thinking of getting a Santa Fe, or a different vehicle?

Status
Not open for further replies.