2011 Accord Coupe Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

W1JJP

Premium Subscriber
Bought my 2011 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L a year ago. Love it, but there is not much room for radio mounting. I have been scouring the net the whole year looking for something in my price range that will fit nicely for me. Recently, I came across a CDM-1250 that was in need of some serious cleaning. I got it real cheap from a friend (free) and took the whole thing apart to clean it. Then I purchased a remote head mounting kit off ebay. Here is a summary of the install.

- Display head fits perfectly in the storage spot in front of the shifter. I did not need to use the bracket, as it was able to wedge in there tightly and does not move.
- The amp was mounted under the rear deck in the trunk next to the factory subwoofer. Zero rattles.
- Power wire connected straight to distribution block under hood and fused within 6". Plenty of room on firewall for small hole for wire to pass.

I use this radio for both EMS and Amateur Bands. I have a 1/4 wave VHF mounted on the trunk via lip mount (sorry no picture). If you are interested in knowing more of the install for your own Accord, let me know, would love to help.

Thanks for looking!

-Jake

Attachments

• IMG_0146.JPG
    IMG_0146.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 1,532
  • IMG_0147.JPG
    IMG_0147.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 1,388
  • IMG_0144.JPG
    IMG_0144.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 1,405

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
Excellent use of available space; This shows us once again how a little bit of planning goes a long way for what is necessary for the owner or driver's usage. Thank you for sharing!

russellmaher

KC1ANC
Nice job, Jake, and how fortunate for you that the remote head wedges into the opening. What a feeling that must be when the unit fits in nice and snug. Good for you!

Russell

W1JJP

Premium Subscriber
Thanks everyone for the feedback. The head wedges in there but is a little loose as the compartment is a little concave. The car is a lease, so it works fine for me as I did not want to permanently mount anything.

SlipNutz15

Wacker
Feed Provider
I've seen people use small strips of velcro on installs like you have done with the remote head to make sure there is little to no movement. Since you said it is a lease, this may be a good idea if you're worried about any type of movement.

Very clean and professional looking install!

Status
Not open for further replies.