2011 Chevy Cruze

Status
Not open for further replies.

kma371

QRT
where did u get your antenna equipment I have a chevy cruze also and i wanted to set up the antenna like u did

HRO, ham radio outlet. But I'm sure you can find all equipment online other places.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

CTFF

Premium Subscriber
I have a 2012 Cruze and I have been trying to find a good spot to mount my scanner, a Uniden BC796D. I instantly thought glovebox. However the glove box won't close with the scanner in there. Did you have to trim out the rear of the glove box to fit your scanner?

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
How about an RH-96 on top of the steering column? You could try and get it as low as possible so it wouldn't block the gauges.

kma371

QRT
How about an RH-96 on top of the steering column? You could try and get it as low as possible so it wouldn't block the gauges.

On top of the steering column!? There's an airbag in there. Which would likely shoot the radio into your face at 100mph.

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
On top of the steering column!? There's an airbag in there. Which would likely shoot the radio into your face at 100mph.

No. Not the steering wheel.. The steering column. The area just before the gauges and the display.. the area that you can only move up and down. The neck, if you will. Obviously here's no airbag behind the gauges.. otherwise you'd have a face full of plastic haha.

kma371

QRT
Ok that area isn't good either. It's too small and does affect the visibility of the gauges.

AggiePhil

What's it for? Probably a very basic question, I know. But I'm fairly new to this stuff. I only see a GPS and a scanner listed below.

2011 Chevy Cruze RS
Uniden 996XT
Garmin GPS 18X
Comet SS460SB Dual Band Antenna
Maldol Trunk Mount

AggiePhil

What's it FOR? I don't see anything on the list that would need an antenna except for the scanner and the GPS. :)

kma371

QRT
It's for the scanner.

And the Gps antenna/receiver are contained in the same unit.

AggiePhil

LOL...OK. That's why I asked, "So that's a scanner antenna?" I think we're on the same page now though.

kma371

QRT
LOL...OK. That's why I asked, "So that's a scanner antenna?" I think we're on the same page now though.

Ok well I'm still confused what you meant, but as long as you get it I'm ok with that :)

I guess what I meant was, it's not a "scanner" antenna. Meaning not just for scanners. It's an amateur antenna tuned for transmit. It has more gain than a "scanner" antenna generally speaking in the bands I listen to

Last edited:

ZOU4Life

Premium Subscriber
Did you get it mounted? I have a 2012 Chevy Cruze and about the same Uniden scanner and have no idea where to put it. If you take the center compartment on the dash out, it will mount and look better I think. I'm just worried about someone breaking in and stealing it since it's so out in the open.

Status
Not open for further replies.